Forum > Operating Systems

Assembling errors: bad instruction and size errors.

(1/2) > >>

DonaldShimoda:
Seems like the assembler generated a line exceding 256 chars and fails building for raspberry pi arm.
there's any way to extend the size allowed for a single line?

PROJECT\lib\arm-linux\BasicServicesSchemaClient_Intf.s:86470: Error: bad instruction `wrpr_$basicservicesschemaclient_intf_$$_tsesiones_historico_clientes_webdatatablerules_$_isesiones_historico_clientes_web_$_33_$_basicservicesschemaclient_intf$_$tsesiones_historico_clientes_webdatatablerules_$__$$_getid_sesiones_historico_webvalue$$ansis'

PROJECT\lib\arm-linux\BasicServicesSchemaClient_Intf.s: Error: .size expression for WRPR_$BASICSERVICESSCHEMACLIENT_INTF_$$_TSESIONES_HISTORICO_CLIENTES_WEBDATATABLERULES_$_ISESIONES_HISTORICO_CLIENTES_WEB_$_33_$_BASICSERVICESSCHEMACLIENT_INTF$_$TSESIONES_HISTORICO_CLIENTES_WEBDATATABLERULES_$__$$_GETID_SESIONES_HISTORICO_WEBVALUE$$ANSIS does not evaluate to a constant

Thaddy:
I do not have the problem, compiling trunk with bog standard English, but it looks like a natural language issue. I would report it as a bug, but do not forget to describe the natural language you are using.
(I compile FPC trunk daily for RPi 3/4 and less regularly for older Pi's or RPi zero's)

marcov:
That could be, the assembler readers date from a period  when there was a lot of shortstring use.

If not trunk, then test trunk, and file a bug otherwise, preferably with an example (e.g. of code that generates such long symbols)

DonaldShimoda:
Thanks Marco, will try with trunk fpc.

DonaldShimoda:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on September 03, 2019, 09:06:27 am ---I do not have the problem, compiling trunk with bog standard English, but it looks like a natural language issue. I would report it as a bug, but do not forget to describe the natural language you are using.
(I compile FPC trunk daily for RPi 3/4 and less regularly for older Pi's or RPi zero's)

--- End quote ---

BTW, I don't believe is a language issue, as Marco pointed is a shortstring usage problem in the assembly chain. The problem is that units is autogenerated and procedure names are really big.

Im testing trunk and comeback.

Best regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version