Recent

Author Topic: cant find fpdebug - new install debian10  (Read 13497 times)

Michael Collier

Re: cant find fpdebug - new install debian10
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 06:31:04 pm »
Just to let you know, I recently installed Debian 10, downloaded the latest Lazarus installation files from lazarus-ide.org (deb packages) and found no unusual dependency problems.

I installed the deb files in this order using dpkg -i
1) fpc-src_3.0.4-2_amd64.deb
2) fpc-laz_3.0.4-1_amd64.deb
3) lazarus-project_2.0.4-0_amd64.deb

Step 3 gave what I (thought) was dependency errors, do you not get any messages about gtk, or packages being held back?
sorry I don't have a copy of the original output (I should have saved it)..

munair

• compiler developer @SharpBASIC
    • SharpBASIC
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 07:54:10 pm »
I did get a list of additional packages that need to be installed to satisfy the dependencies of lazarus-project_2.0.4-0_amd64.deb. But as I said, these are mostly development (dev) packages. I did not get any message about packages being held back.
keep it simple

pik33

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 12:05:53 pm »
Up!

The same problem in Raspbian

So I can't get a .deb files.

The only workaround in Raspbian is: recompile Lazarus from the source

The Lazarus, when installed using apt-get works OK until you need a new package. Then when rebuid I have this "cannot find fpdebug" and so on.

lazac

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 10:15:40 pm »
I had same the same problem in more Debian installations.

I tryed some reinstallations, but all failed. Finally I could fix it by executing "make" (as root), in "/usr/lib/lazarus/2.0.0/components" directory.  This command recompiled all factory packages, including "fpdebug". Rebuilding only "fpdebug" was not enough.
After it, I was able to rebuild the IDE from both root and user accounts. I used command line rebuilding method ("lazbuild --build-ide="), but probably the IDE-started rebuild could also works after this fix.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 04:21:19 pm »
The error happens when compiling the final Lazarus executable.

I can think of 2 issues.

1) The ppu files for fpdebug are not in there place (that would be fixed by compiling the package)
2) The path to the ppu files is not known/included at the time the lazarus exe is build.

About 2:
The path to any package sources, is only known when the package is build.
After that, any package (or the project) that is build, will only get the path to the ppu files. The collective pathes to all the ppu files are derived from the list of installed packages.
So if the error is due to 2, maybe install the package vie the package menu.

More details may depend on how you build
a) via the menu Tools > Build Lazarus
b) makefiles

In case (a) any action you do (like installing a package) should have immediate effect. The IDE will update all its build info right away.
In case (b) the makefiles need to be rebuild, so they contain additional search paths.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 04:21:39 pm »
See also:
Re: Build IDE : Exit code 2, Errors :1
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,50611.msg369845.html#msg369845
1) Is there a folder components/fpdepug in your Lazarus install dir?

2) Have you opened the FpDebug package from inside the IDE (package menu) ?

3) Try to install the FpDebug package. (package menu > Install package)

You may then get the same error for LazDebuggerFp.

-------
Note, that since you are not on Intel FpDebug will not help you much.
If you get compilation errors in FpDebug (please report them), you can try to uninstall all of the following packages:
FpDebug
LazDebuggerFp
LazDebuggerFpLLDB (might not be installed)
LazDebuggerFpGdbmi (might not be installed)
LeakView
maybe others....

Uninstalling LeakView means you loose some functionality, if you want to work with the traces printed by heaptrc (mem leak finder).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:23:32 pm by Martin_fr »

MaartenJB

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 10:08:33 am »

I tryed some reinstallations, but all failed. Finally I could fix it by executing "make" (as root), in "/usr/lib/lazarus/2.0.0/components" directory.  This command recompiled all factory packages, including "fpdebug". Rebuilding only "fpdebug" was not enough.
After it, I was able to rebuild the IDE from both root and user accounts. I used command line rebuilding method ("lazbuild --build-ide="), but probably the IDE-started rebuild could also works after this fix.

Thank you.

This is still necessary when installing lazarus on the latest version debian, and just use "apt install lazarus". So out of the box it doesn't work...

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 02:43:27 pm »
Afaik "apt install lazarus" installs from the linux distro repository.

That repository is maintained by the makers of the distro (Debian in your case). We (the Lazarus team) have no influence on that.
Our installers can be found on the Sourceforce page, linked on the left menu of this forum.

If you update, Lazarus keeps your config. But your Lazarus executable is replaced by the latest version.
Since installed packages are compiled into that executable, and since we cant know who has which package installed, the new executable does not contain any packages, and therefore must be rebuild once. I am not in charge of the Linux installer, but afaik this rebuild is left to the user.

I have no idea why you need the rebuild in "components". This should be included in the Makefile in the main directory.
You should also be able to go to menu "Tools > Build Lazarus" instead.

Again I am not the expert on Linux. But given that there appear to be wrong ppu files.....

On linux, rebuilding the IDE (as NONE root user) creates a shadow copy in your home folder ~/.lazarus
This is where the ppu should go.
This is where the ppu of your previous builds are.
And this is where your config is.
If you rebuild as root, I do not know if all that is found (since root has its own home dir).

donagin

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2021, 02:39:31 am »

I had the same issue on a fresh apt-get install on a Raspberry Pi 4, and the above cleared it up nicely.

-Don

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2021, 03:27:16 am »
Please report on mantis.

I only have an svn version (build from sources) on Linux. And that compile fine, with fpdebug, when build from the IDE.

--
All I could see from the makefiles is, that fpdebug is only included in BIGIDE, but not in just IDE.

But Makefile or not. when building from inside the IDE, the packagesystem should take care.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018