Forum > Linux

cant find fpdebug - new install debian10

<< < (5/5)

Martin_fr:
See also:
Re: Build IDE : Exit code 2, Errors :1
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,50611.msg369845.html#msg369845

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on July 16, 2020, 04:13:09 pm ---1) Is there a folder components/fpdepug in your Lazarus install dir?

2) Have you opened the FpDebug package from inside the IDE (package menu) ?

3) Try to install the FpDebug package. (package menu > Install package)

You may then get the same error for LazDebuggerFp.

-------
Note, that since you are not on Intel FpDebug will not help you much.
If you get compilation errors in FpDebug (please report them), you can try to uninstall all of the following packages:
FpDebug
LazDebuggerFp
LazDebuggerFpLLDB (might not be installed)
LazDebuggerFpGdbmi (might not be installed)
LeakView
maybe others....

Uninstalling LeakView means you loose some functionality, if you want to work with the traces printed by heaptrc (mem leak finder).

--- End quote ---

MaartenJB:

--- Quote from: lazac on June 18, 2020, 10:15:40 pm ---I had same the same problem in more Debian installations.

I tryed some reinstallations, but all failed. Finally I could fix it by executing "make" (as root), in "/usr/lib/lazarus/2.0.0/components" directory.  This command recompiled all factory packages, including "fpdebug". Rebuilding only "fpdebug" was not enough.
After it, I was able to rebuild the IDE from both root and user accounts. I used command line rebuilding method ("lazbuild --build-ide="), but probably the IDE-started rebuild could also works after this fix.

--- End quote ---

Thank you.

This is still necessary when installing lazarus on the latest version debian, and just use "apt install lazarus". So out of the box it doesn't work...

Martin_fr:
Afaik "apt install lazarus" installs from the linux distro repository.

That repository is maintained by the makers of the distro (Debian in your case). We (the Lazarus team) have no influence on that.
Our installers can be found on the Sourceforce page, linked on the left menu of this forum.

If you update, Lazarus keeps your config. But your Lazarus executable is replaced by the latest version.
Since installed packages are compiled into that executable, and since we cant know who has which package installed, the new executable does not contain any packages, and therefore must be rebuild once. I am not in charge of the Linux installer, but afaik this rebuild is left to the user.

I have no idea why you need the rebuild in "components". This should be included in the Makefile in the main directory.
You should also be able to go to menu "Tools > Build Lazarus" instead.

Again I am not the expert on Linux. But given that there appear to be wrong ppu files.....

On linux, rebuilding the IDE (as NONE root user) creates a shadow copy in your home folder ~/.lazarus
This is where the ppu should go.
This is where the ppu of your previous builds are.
And this is where your config is.
If you rebuild as root, I do not know if all that is found (since root has its own home dir).

donagin:

--- Quote from: lazac on June 18, 2020, 10:15:40 pm ---I had same the same problem in more Debian installations.

I tryed some reinstallations, but all failed. Finally I could fix it by executing "make" (as root), in "/usr/lib/lazarus/2.0.0/components" directory.  This command recompiled all factory packages, including "fpdebug". Rebuilding only "fpdebug" was not enough.
After it, I was able to rebuild the IDE from both root and user accounts. I used command line rebuilding method ("lazbuild --build-ide="), but probably the IDE-started rebuild could also works after this fix.

--- End quote ---

I had the same issue on a fresh apt-get install on a Raspberry Pi 4, and the above cleared it up nicely.

-Don

Martin_fr:
Please report on mantis.

I only have an svn version (build from sources) on Linux. And that compile fine, with fpdebug, when build from the IDE.

--
All I could see from the makefiles is, that fpdebug is only included in BIGIDE, but not in just IDE.

But Makefile or not. when building from inside the IDE, the packagesystem should take care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version