Recent

Author Topic: Gestures  (Read 1392 times)

jamie

Gestures
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:08:26 pm »
Has anyone thought about putting gestures message Handler in the LCL ?

it would need to ignore the system if the app was on an older OS that does not have the API's for it.

it's a matter of handling the WM_GESTURE
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

winni

Re: Gestures
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 10:51:47 pm »
Or if the user was on an older OS that does not want to have the API's for it. Clown stuff.

jamie

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 01:19:55 am »
Well, I have a graphics type module on a couple of my apps that has zoom, rotate, shift ect, things that the gestures would be perfect for if they were on a windows tablet type screen.

I experimented a little with the WM_GESTURE after I found a place to get the constants for them.

currently it's done with standard button and mouse actions.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 09:11:31 am »
Or if the user was on an older OS that does not want to have the API's for it. Clown stuff.
That would not handle gestures anyway....... Silly answer.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 09:13:53 am »
Well, I have a graphics type module on a couple of my apps that has zoom, rotate, shift ect, things that the gestures would be perfect for if they were on a windows tablet type screen.

I experimented a little with the WM_GESTURE after I found a place to get the constants for them.

currently it's done with standard button and mouse actions.
I agree with you it can be implemented, actually it is already easy to handle with OnMessage. Slightly more cumbersome than downright high-level support, but working.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018