Recent

Author Topic: WITHOUT NTX/CDX... BYE LAZARUS...:( I'LL MISS YOU!  (Read 8631 times)

mateus7778

WITHOUT NTX/CDX... BYE LAZARUS...:( I'LL MISS YOU!
« on: December 04, 2007, 01:46:42 pm »
HI!!

I'm just givin'up of Lazarus.... unfortunatelly, I tried in many ways to connect it with DBF+NTX or CDX Index, without success...
I already have a (big) program using xHarbour with DBF+NTX, and another using DBF+CDX. I had to integrate it...

Unfortunatelly, It seems that nobody have the same problem...

THANKS, for help!!

Mateus

bee

RE: WITHOUT NTX/CDX... BYE LAZARUS...:( I
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 04:10:49 pm »
Googling for xHarbour wrapper for Delphi brought me to this URL: http://www.otc.pl/index.asp?s=78&l=2
Since Delphi is able to do it, I believe FPC/Lazarus would be able to do it as well. Try to make a wrapper over  harbour.h using Lazarus' h2pas converter.

Good luck! :)
-Bee-

A long time pascal lover.

mateus7778

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 04:21:32 pm »
Thanx for your sugestion...

But I'm a new user, I don't know how use h2pas... I know that it's translate C code to Pascal... just this...

Could you help me???

msn: matsampaio@hotmail.com

Thanks!! A lot!!!

bee

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 04:40:05 pm »
> But I'm a new user, I don't know how use h2pas...

New user to Lazarus? New user to pascal programming? If you're familiar with Delphi, it won't be too hard to adapt yourself with Lazarus. But if you're new to pascal programming, I think you need to learn more about it before working on this xHarbour. FYI, I'm new to xHarbour, I never heard of it before. :)

> I know that it's translate C code to Pascal... just this.

It will make something that usually called as "wrapper". You can use the functions/procedures that produced by h2pas inside Lazarus program that will call the actual xHarbour functions/procedures. You can study about this "wrapping" things in fpc/laz examples or search the fpc/laz's wiki.

> Could you help me???

Sorry... I can't help you further. I've been very busy with my own project as well. :)
-Bee-

mateus7778

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »
In the last version of Lazarus, there's a Tool that do this: Tools->Convert Delphi Unit to Lazarus Unit. I had use it, but I don't have success...
Thaks.

bee

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:16 pm »
Never expects ANY conversion tools would do ALL the conversion job for you. They would just do about 80-90 percent approximately. You should continue the rest of the job by yourself. 10-20 percent is much better than doing all the job manually (without any helper tools). So, you still need to know what you're about going to do exactly. The tools are just helping to make your work easier and more efficient. ;)
-Bee-

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:46 pm »
You may consider a bounty for the conversion or for adding NTX/CDX support in TDBF.

mnoite

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:34:51 pm »
I have some success using VKDBF components with delphi. It works well with NTX indexes and can live peacefuly with CA-CLIPPER applications sharing the same data. It would be great if someone convert it to lazarus.   [/url]

JorgeAGS

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »
Hi Mateus,

Have you tried to create a CDX using TDBF?

I made this test:

CODCLI_TBL.Exclusive := true;
  CODCLI_TBL.Active    := true;
  CODCLI_TBL.AddIndex('NOMCLI', 'NOMCLI', [ixPrimary]);

before that you should assign 25 to "tablelevel" in the TDBF component.

The created index is CDX, and you can open it from xHarbour...

Even reading the .pas files CDX is still not supported, so why we get that usable CDX???

Regards,

Jorge A.

JorgeAGS

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 01:26:33 am »
Sorry, the CDX was created in a prior try using another program, TDBF doesn't have support for CDX.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018