Recent

Author Topic: %&^%@ Windows 10 again!!!!  (Read 2767 times)

jamie

Re: %&^%@ Windows 10 again!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 12:33:09 am »
I just did a windows update today and I started Lazarus which loads the last project automatically and things are fine.

I also loaded other projects too.. No problem.

It's possible his setup is different and thus only effects a few.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Badger

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 12:46:32 pm »
There's a point!

Just before all this started to happen, I rebuilt the IDE because I had just downloaded RichMemo.
Could this have been the cause?

I'm pretty sure Lazarus wasn't open during the Windows upgrade.
Badger
(A bad tempered, grumpy animal that sleeps most of the winter!)

If at first you don't succeed - you're running about average!

I'm using Windows 10 Lazarus v2.4.4  FPC 3.2.2   Win 32/64

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 01:25:34 pm »
See my post about --debug-log.
Maybe it will reveal some info.

It is possible though, that in order to get useful info, you need to rebuild the IDE once more. And in that case in "Tools" > "Configure build IDE" you would need to add (without the quotes) " -gw "  in the field Custom Options.

Alternatively you can try to run the IDE in gdb.

wp

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 02:00:16 pm »
Just before all this started to happen, I rebuilt the IDE because I had just downloaded RichMemo.
Could this have been the cause?
"Downloading" a package by itself has no effect, but when it is a designtime packages and you "install" it you modify the IDE and can make it unstable. Therefore, installing third-party components always poses some (small) risk of issues. Whenever possible try to use third-party packages from the Online-Package-Manager - this repository is rather well-maintained (in contrast to many repos on the author's or cloned sites - of course, it depends...)

I don't know of instabilities due to RichMemo, though. But you can always uninstall the component and see if the issue goes away: Go to "Packages" > "Install/uninstall packages". If RichMemo is installed its package its package ("richmemopackage 1.0") should appear in the LEFT lists. Select it, click "Uninstall selection", then "Save and rebuild IDE".

TinyPortal © 2005-2018