Forum > Linux

Tutorial: Install Lazarus to Raspberry Pi

<< < (2/27) > >>

Linkat:
Yes, with  the lazarus debian-packages you get the Lazarus 2.0.0 version. Not bad, but not good enough. If I work on my desktop with the 2.0.4 version, I would like to work with the current version on my raspi  too.

In the internet (wiki etc.) you can find some descriptions, most of them are pretty old, and you will have some problems. So for me, to have a new  and stable Lazarus version in the /usr directory is the way, I described in the tutorial above. Especially for beginners the installation should be easy.

For the Intel- and AMD- PC, nobody demands such a complicated installation. You have the deb- or rpm- packages for it.

But the best would be, if we had packages for raspian to install Lazarus.

The raspberry pi users would be glad to have an easy way to install Lazarus. I'm sure we'll find a lot of new lazarus-users with it.

Where are the people who can make these packages?

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: Linkat on August 19, 2019, 04:49:42 pm ---Yes, with  the lazarus debian-packages you get the Lazarus 2.0.0 version. Not bad, but not good enough. If I work on my desktop with the 2.0.4 version, I would like to work with the current version on my raspi  too.

In the internet (wiki etc.) you can find some descriptions, most of them are pretty old, and you will have some problems. So for me, to have a new  and stable Lazarus version in the /usr directory is the way, I described in the tutorial above. Especially for beginners the installation should be easy.

For the Intel- and AMD- PC, nobody demands such a complicated installation. You have the deb- or rpm- packages for it.

But the best would be, if we had packages for raspian to install Lazarus.

The raspberry pi users would be glad to have an easy way to install Lazarus. I'm sure we'll find a lot of new lazarus-users with it.

Where are the people who can make these packages?

--- End quote ---
The point of my advice is to have a proper install first!.
After that it is quite easy to build a new lazarus from source..
Most noobs fall over the first hurdle, because they make assumptions that are not warranted, like that the freepascal provided packages are better.
Do not try anything different.

af0815:
i use the best tool for installing 😊 fpcupdeluxe. so it is meaningless if i use windows, a linux on a pc or raspi. and i can handle more than one install or crosscpmpilers.

Linkat:
@af0815 good to here that you are happy with the fpcupdeluxe.
And I think it's a good tool for not standard installation.
For me: this fpcupdeluxe is an overkill for beginners. And for every new lazarus version you need a new fpcupdeluxe version.

My favorite is not a manually  installation (like the tutorial).
I prefer a just-in-time lazarus-stable package for the raspbian OS like you have it for the Intel/AMD CPU. Thats it.

Who is a packager, who can do this?

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: af0815 on August 19, 2019, 09:56:33 pm ---i use the best tool for installing 😊 fpcupdeluxe. so it is meaningless if i use windows, a linux on a pc or raspi. and i can handle more than one install or crosscpmpilers.

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately it does not explain the swap size! nor does it work without a swap size >= 1 GB
That is absolutely required on systems below 2 GB. E.g, everything but a raspberry 4 with at least 2 GB memory.

Currently fpcdeluxe "assumes" you have already done that.
(and I am a bit tired to repeat myself|)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version