Forum > Linux

Tutorial: Install Lazarus to Raspberry Pi

<< < (3/27) > >>

DonAlfredo:
Will see if I can add a warning about SWAP into fpcupdeluxe.
For certain it will never get tired.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on August 19, 2019, 08:50:13 am ---....
I would recommend, though, to install just fpc 3.0.4, then check out lazarus fixes and do make all install. After lazarus is compiled start lazarus, add/remove the packages you want (like OPM and  the two anchordocking) .
Subsequent re-compiles can be done with make clean all useride. Note you need to create a swap file with size 1024MB for this to work.

--- End quote ---

I agree. If there is a distro provided fpc 3.0.4, use that (but install it with a tool that resolves dependencies),  then download Lazarus fixes source and build. Its easy and you end up with a flexible system, easy to track new developments in Lazarus.  As long as official Lazarus releases are based on 3.0.4 this is by far the best way to go.

The wiki page https://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_Linux shows it step by step including how to get icons and menu entries.  I don't have a Pi with me but expect that recipe will work there too. The Pi is, after all, a Linux box.

Dependencies ?   "apt install ...", "apt-get install ..." and gdebi  all resolve dependencies. "dpkg -i ..." does not !

Davo

Mi-Ki:
Hi
I'm a beginner in Lazarus.
I have Raspberry 4 4GB RAM - raspbian-buster
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024

They don't add packers
lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find fpdebug used by Lazarus.
How to solve?
Thank you

Linkat:
Hi Mi-Ki,
what was your method to install Lazarus?
Did you use the tutorial in the first post of this thread?

dbannon:
Disclaimer, I don't have a pi with me so what I say here is 'linux' generically. Sort of valid.

--- Quote ---Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit system used by fcllaz

--- End quote ---

The system unit is provided by fpc, you should have an entry in your /etc/fpc.cfg that looks a bit like -

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---# searchpath for units and other system dependent things-Fu/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
(not a lot like it, obviously it won't say /x86_64.. but you get the idea. It should point to a place where there are a lot of fpc units.

fpdebug is provided by the lazarus source, its in [Lazarus source dir]/components/fpdebug

Generally, I don't like the idea of putting source that you intend to compile under /usr/lib.  There is no need, you can build Lazarus as an ordinary user in your home directory. You might want to then do a make install but there is absolutly no need to, cd into the lazarus dir, where the "lazarus" binary is (after a successful build) and run launch from there.

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version