Recent

Author Topic: TShellTreeView, How to mask file extensions?  (Read 833 times)

wp

Re: TShellTreeView, How to mask file extensions?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 12:23:39 pm »
Bart, I think it is required that the method PopulateTreeNodeWithFiles() is virtual, otherwise it will not be called.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.4 / all 32-bit on Win-10

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 01:38:30 pm »
It can be made virtual if so requested.
We've done that before.

Bart

jamie

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 08:46:38 pm »
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15319154/how-to-filter-tshelllistview-items-to-a-specific-file-extension

That was a quick search I did and I guess I am not the only one that needs such a feature on a single control. At least D7 had a OnAddItem or what ever they called it.

Its better than nothing.

I get the feeling that I have disrupted someone's holy grail of code and there just isn't going to be any changing it, even when all it does is improves it with no crutches of current support.

So why even allow it to show archive files at all since what you want users to do is be pushed/forced to use  ShellListview as an additional control. I don't want all that on the screen, I need the space for more important features.

I wanted this to be as close to cross platform as possible but if this going to turn into a issue of wits, I'll pass and implement a full windows pane view.

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 10:27:09 pm »
I get the feeling that I have disrupted someone's holy grail of code and there just isn't going to be any changing it, even when all it does is improves it with no crutches of current support.

Well, excuse me for having an opinion about this (and having done work on TShellTreeView).
I'll refrain from any further comment in this topic.
I'll remind myself not to reply to anything you say on this forum.

Bart

jamie

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 12:12:36 am »
Well thank you very much, I guess I got my point across.

And btw, image files are not what I am after to mask, that was only example. This app needs to look at hardware files and I need to keep them in view at all times while I work to the right because the mask property will be getting changed through out the process.

This app must look and feel like the other tools that get used in conjunction, we are not dealing with just computer script writers we are dealing with Electronic, electrical techs that understand automation programs and how most of the interfaces work, in this case there is a good deal of a work load using different file types that need to be in view of the folder tree as part of the working scope on the form.

Some people actually use or tried to Lazarus to make difficult applications.

Sorry for the confusion, but that's the way it is.

I need to update my Delphi Dev package, I have a feeling I may need to move it to that.