Recent

Author Topic: Forum message notification malfunction?  (Read 870 times)

PaulANormanNZ

Forum message notification malfunction?
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:16:19 am »
Hi,

I just had something happen that looks unusual to me.

I received an email notification for a thread I was part of. Topic 41745. ( txt file of email attached. )

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by pixelink.

View the reply at: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=41745.new;topicseen#new

However when I cliked to visit it, I found that there was no new message on 41745.
Looking at the "Recent" list on the right of the web page, I spotted activity for extremely close to the same time as the date stamp in the notification email.

Indeed that message had the same text as was sent in the emial but it is Topic 46359 not Topic 41745.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=46359.msg330168;topicseen#new

The text of the reply is shown below:
Ha, we crossed posts...

I figured it out...

So in summary I received an email notification with a link sending me to Topic 41745 (which I want notifications for)
But there was no new activity there.
Looking around I found that the new activity described in the email was at Topic 46359

The text in the email matched the new thread message at 46359,
the link in the email sends me to thread message  41745.

Seems like crossed wires somewhere :-)

Thought I'd better bring it up here - in case it represents some bigger untoward activity is happening deeper down in the Forum setup.

Kind regards,
Paul

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Forum message notification malfunction?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 04:06:19 am »
Most likely the user mis-posted to the thread for which you got the notification.  Then removed his post, and posted the same content in the other thread.

PaulANormanNZ

Re: Forum message notification malfunction?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 04:08:35 am »
I though it could be something like that, but thought I'd better post here just in case.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018