Recent

Author Topic: We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.4  (Read 25246 times)

bobihot

Re: We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.4
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 02:15:25 pm »
To make components palettes in outside libraries - .dll .so
In this case can to easy add/remove palette, less to recompile all Lazarus executable. And make possibly to add more palettes in 32bit lazarus. This to save in some .cfg file, which to manipulate by Package manager.
Thanks

mischi

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 06:34:34 pm »
Lazarus fixed branch currently cannot be compiled since rev. 61639.
Bug 35904.
This bug is fixed with svn revision 61642.

bpranoto

FTurtle

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 07:05:56 pm »
In some previous version package ToDoListLaz.lpk was not installed by default. Please ensure that in new version averything will be OK.

P.S. Discussion: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,45462.0.html

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 07:21:48 pm »
I find the release cycle of Lazarus a bit optimistic. I'd rather see a significant slow down.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

wp

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »
In some previous version package ToDoListLaz.lpk was not installed by default. Please ensure that in new version averything will be OK.

P.S. Discussion: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,45462.0.html
I know that this package was included in previous versions. But I never used it. It would be interesting to see whether other users did the same. It is not essential for the IDE, therefore I think it is a good idea to removed it from the list of the packages installed by default. The IDE is getting fatter from version to version...

af0815

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 08:26:08 pm »
pls. let Lazarus lean (or make it leaner).
regards
Andreas

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 08:46:52 pm »
I know that this package was included in previous versions. But I never used it. It would be interesting to see whether other users did the same. It is not essential for the IDE, therefore I think it is a good idea to removed it from the list of the packages installed by default. The IDE is getting fatter from version to version...
I agree. I used to remove it because I never used it. ( I decorate my code with user defined notes, warnings and errors)
But keep it in the repository for fpcdeluxe.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:49:41 pm by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

zoltanleo

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 12:04:40 am »
I wanted to ask to make it possible to install chm-help via OPM. Or include this feature as an additional option in the standard installer for Windows.
Win10 LTSC x64/Deb 11 amd64(gtk2/qt5)/Darwin Cocoa (Monterey):
Lazarus x32/x64 2.3(trunk); FPC 3.3.1 (trunk), FireBird 3.0.10; IBX by TonyW

Sorry for my bad English, I'm using translator ;)

wp

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 12:41:13 am »
I wanted to ask to make it possible to install chm-help via OPM. Or include this feature as an additional option in the standard installer for Windows.
It *is* included. I think it is the last page of the installer, the one with the many checkboxes... One of them says: "Install CHM help"

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 02:01:19 am »
It *is* included. I think it is the last page of the installer, the one with the many checkboxes... One of them says: "Install CHM help"
If you have a PC (Windowl) on which you never ever installed Lazarus, then IIRC it is pre-selected.

If you change it, the installer then should remember this for your next install. (again IIRC).
The installer stores this in the registry. Lazarus itself does not store stuff in the registry, but the installer does.
Not sure what (if anything) is stored for a 2ndary install.

You can find the inno build file in tools/install/win

If you chose to install the help, it will be in docs/chm
The chm viewer lhelp.exe should be in components\chmhelp\lhelp

zoltanleo

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 08:46:33 am »
One of them says: "Install CHM help"
You're right. I forgot about this option because I mainly use Lazarus trunk and compiler trunk

If you chose to install the help, it will be in docs/chm
The chm viewer lhelp.exe should be in components\chmhelp\lhelp
Thank you for reminding.

Does the community have plans to make it possible to install help files via OPM? The fact is that with the "manual" assembly of Lazarus, the help files have to be downloaded from third-party resources and manually added to the ../docs/chm folder.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:00:09 am by zoltanleo »
Win10 LTSC x64/Deb 11 amd64(gtk2/qt5)/Darwin Cocoa (Monterey):
Lazarus x32/x64 2.3(trunk); FPC 3.3.1 (trunk), FireBird 3.0.10; IBX by TonyW

Sorry for my bad English, I'm using translator ;)

wp

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 10:16:50 am »
I think OPM can only work with "packages", not with package-less files.

But I think what's more important is that the IDE can handle only the chm files provided. It is not possible to extend the IDE such that it reckognizes other CHM files coming with non-LCL packages. TAChart and fprspreadsheet are packages which are maintained by mayself have a chm file (or a chm file can be created), but there is no way to register these chm files for the IDE so that pressing F1 on the "TChart" identifier, for example, opens the related help page.

Martin, can you comment on this? Maybe I am missing something.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:45:26 am by wp »

totya

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 11:42:20 am »
Big thanks to the developers! (Otherwise I use fixes 2.0 branch)

So, I know, (Sorokin) RegExpr is a part of the fpc, but present time slightly complicated to use it, as I wrote here the latest trunk version from the developer site works with UTF8 without any magic.
So the uregexpr solution in fpc 3.2.0 is unnecessary, and complicate to use it, because need utf8<->unicode conversion to use.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:03:10 pm by totya »

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2019, 12:53:50 pm »
, the help files have to be downloaded from third-party resources

What third party resources? They are in Lazarus Sourceforge (here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Documentation/Lazarus%202.0.2/).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018