Recent

Author Topic: Physical keys to generate shift states ssSuper and ssHyper  (Read 5509 times)

LongTimePascaler

Re: Physical keys to generate shift states ssSuper and ssHyper
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 12:39:30 pm »
Thanks winni. This is getting off-topic, but: the region was already set to British English so I added a second language and selected British English.  It made no difference.  The only way that I've found to correct it is to revisit system settings -> input devices -> keyboard and hardware layout -> layouts, and then unclick and re-click the configure layouts with gb english selected.  It shouldn't be necessary -- Plasma shouldn't be being so bloody minded -- which is why I think it's something to raise on a KDE forum rather than this forum.  But thanks for trying to help.

Zvoni

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 02:36:10 pm »
Thanks winni. This is getting off-topic, but: the region was already set to British English so I added a second language and selected British English.  It made no difference.  The only way that I've found to correct it is to revisit system settings -> input devices -> keyboard and hardware layout -> layouts, and then unclick and re-click the configure layouts with gb english selected.  It shouldn't be necessary -- Plasma shouldn't be being so bloody minded -- which is why I think it's something to raise on a KDE forum rather than this forum.  But thanks for trying to help.
I know, it's an old thread, but it sounds suspiciously like your problem.
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1793250
Have you tried to reconfigure keyboard-config AND console-setup (Post #8 in the link)?
One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

LongTimePascaler

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 07:47:04 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Zvoni, but dpkg is a Debian utility and my distro is from the RedHat-type family.  I'll need to find out what the equivalent commands are in my environment.

winni

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 08:03:46 pm »
Hi!

I don't know if it's a good idea to replace "British English" with "British English".
Think about the always used code

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. if newValue = oldValue then exit;

Take another language to look if something changes.

Red Hat has a very well online documentation:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system_administrators_guide/s1-changing_the_keyboard_layout

But I don't know: Is it allowed for a European to use Red Hat??  ;-)

Winni

Zvoni

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 07:47:51 am »
Thanks for the suggestion Zvoni, but dpkg is a Debian utility and my distro is from the RedHat-type family.  I'll need to find out what the equivalent commands are in my environment.

Yum is the apt-get, rpm is dpkg (as far as i could find out)
One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

TinyPortal © 2005-2018