Forum > Other

Raspberry Pi, Raspian Buster with Lazarus 2.0.0 and FPC 3.04

(1/3) > >>

han:
FYI, after you install the brand new new operating system Raspian Buster on Pi3 or Pi4, you can install Lazarus 2.0.0 and FPC 3.0.4 simply by the following:

sudo apt-get install lazarus

This makes it much much simpler.  :D

rvk:

--- Quote from: han on June 26, 2019, 05:29:55 pm ---you can install Lazarus 2.0.0 and FPC 3.0.4...
--- End quote ---
Mmmmh, which isn't the latest release (2.0.2 as of 16-04-2019).

Thaddy:
Raspbian Buster is afaik not complete (and Debian buster is released later this week) and not every package is ported yet. I can only test it after my RPI 4 deliveries.
It  *should* contain fpc 3.0.4 and Lazarus 2.0.0, because that is in stretch - backports.
What I DO know, is that you can copy your old installation and that should work, provided all dependencies are satisfied.
.You are just a bit too soon.....be patient.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBuster

Don't even tell buster will be released this week: There is no announcement yet. Except for RaspBian (under the same restrictions...)

For now I'd recommend to keep Stretch, unless you already have a RPi 4, (needs Buster!),, which I ordered but do not have

rvk:
For an intel-server I already switched to buster last week. I needed php7.3 and was caught in a dependency hell, so I upgraded everything. For now it's working fine (for mail and webserver, no gui stuff).

As far as I know buster was freezed some time ago so what's in 'testing' now should be final (but you never know).

Thaddy:
Yes, Rik, It is frozen, pending release ... (Just like fpc 3.2.0..... :o :o :o)
In both cases there are still bug-fixes applied, but functionality is frozen indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version