Recent

Author Topic: Modular Lazarus  (Read 3636 times)

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: Modular Lazarus
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 09:21:36 am »
Although it would be good to have a modularized and plugable IDE,  there are much more important things to be done.
Well, the Lazarus IDE itself is already modularized and plugable (even if it requires a recompilation), but the Lazarus distribution simply contains everything already.

Selfmade.exe

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 08:18:15 pm »
Well, the Lazarus IDE itself is already modularized and plugable (even if it requires a recompilation), but the Lazarus distribution simply contains everything already.

To some extend maybe, but when new fpc rolls out, there must be used with a newer version of Lazarus), unless I am wrong (some time ago I did try to run newer fpc in 1.6 Lazarus but I got errors all the time).
About the settings; I use 2.0.2 as a separate install so I dont know if transfering older version setings is working/exists. But setting again the settings, plus the new ones tha come with every new version is frustating..

It's going to take some time to clean up my build, but one thing is sure: its messy. And dont take it the wrong way, I know that Lazarus is a project that takes a lot of personal time and resources, but a modular redesign would be much much better..

RAW

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 08:41:13 pm »
I don't understand the problem at all, there are a lot of easy solutions:

NewPascal
fpcUpDeluxe
StableLazarus (Secondary Installation)
CodeTyphon
fpGUI
FPC only with own Editor or any TextEditor or MSE IDE etc ...

I like this very much !!! More than I need  :D
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 10:30:40 pm »
To some extend maybe, but when new fpc rolls out, there must be used with a newer version of Lazarus), unless I am wrong (some time ago I did try to run newer fpc in 1.6 Lazarus but I got errors all the time).
About the settings; I use 2.0.2 as a separate install so I dont know if transfering older version setings is working/exists. But setting again the settings, plus the new ones tha come with every new version is frustating..

It's going to take some time to clean up my build, but one thing is sure: its messy. And dont take it the wrong way, I know that Lazarus is a project that takes a lot of personal time and resources, but a modular redesign would be much much better..

Fpc sometimes has changes or bug-fixes that break compatibility. So Lazarus needs to be adapted for that (like any other project would).
Current Lazarus will probably run with the next version of fpc, but there is no telling how many future fpc versions.

Newer Lazarus versions, can read your existing config. So you can keep that.
However installing 2 or more Lazarus in parallel, each Lazarus needs its own config.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018