Recent

Author Topic: The selected debug format is not supported  (Read 822 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
The selected debug format is not supported
« on: June 19, 2019, 04:30:12 pm »
Hi

What is meaning this message, new on Lazarus 2.0.0 or 2.02 ?

"Warning: The selected debug format is not supported on the current target, not changing the current setting"

I'm on Linux Ubuntu 16.04  64 bits, and the last installation was done after removing everything.

In options, debug, debugger type and path is "GNU debugger (gdb)", and gdb below.

Should I change something after installation ?

Thanks
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: The selected debug format is not supported
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:56:16 pm »
Without further knowledge of when, or for which file(s), project, package this appears, it will be hard to be sure.

fpc for 64 bit (on all or most platforms) only supports dwarf nowadays. It is possible that the older fpc did allow stabs too.

So if you try to set something to stabs (-gs) then you would get that error.
There may be other settings....

tintinux

• Gestinux
[SOLVED]The selected debug format is not supported
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 09:20:32 am »
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I have found that "stabs" was selected in project, options, debug and I replaced by "dwarf2", so the message disappear.
I suggest to change the message to : Warning: The selected type of debug info in project options is not supported on the current target"
Best regards
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018