Recent

Author Topic: High CPU Usage Lazarus IDE (2.0.2) on Mint  (Read 347 times)

incendio

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 92
High CPU Usage Lazarus IDE (2.0.2) on Mint
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:59:24 am »
Hi guys,

I am using Lazarus 2.0.2 on Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.

Usually, it runs normal, but suddenly Lazarus IDE use high cpu source.
Last thing I remembered, I was build a project that targeted Win32 and i386 processor.

After build finished, changed again targeted OS & CPU to default. I also rebooted the OS, but after opened Lazarus again, not doing anything, high CPU usage still exist.

See the picture.

Any hint how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

penttila

  • New member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: High CPU Usage Lazarus IDE (2.0.2) on Mint
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 04:12:00 pm »
Hi All,

I have a somewhat similar problem. We have a cross-platform program which was built also for Linux with Lazarus/fpc on Windows. Earlier I didn't have any problem with them but recently - as I updated my LinuxMint test PCs from 19.1 to 19.2 - on the 32 bit LM XFCE PC our program has some problem.

The program stands up and runs normally but when I turn on a network related function its CPU usage abnormally increases, practically freezes the machine and it does not respond any-more.

Earlier the same binary was running properly and currently even its 64 bit version is working fine on LinuxMint Cinnamon 19.2.

Martin_fr

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5567
    • wiki
Re: High CPU Usage Lazarus IDE (2.0.2) on Mint
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 06:19:35 pm »
Maybe start trying to find what part of the IDE causes the load.

If your IDE is not yet build with debug info (lazarus executable file is over 100MB), then recompile it ( and add -gw to the options).

Then run it in gdb, and interrupt it, and get stack traces.
Or use a tool like gprof.


incendio

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 92
Re: High CPU Usage Lazarus IDE (2.0.2) on Mint
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:10:35 am »
I don't use Lazarus on Mint again.

But, if not mistaken, this is happen because of cross platform compile.

I am forget, but to fix this, quit Lazarus and delete lazarus config folder (don't forget to make a backup first!), this is a hidden folder. After delete start Lazarus again, and it will automatically rebuild the config file.