Forum > Other

Silly question

<< < (3/3)

440bx:

--- Quote from: giahung1997 on June 19, 2019, 07:27:10 pm ---Sometime, fpc compiled binary performance even lose to java, measured with unix time command  ::)

--- End quote ---
It takes writing a pretty lousy algorithm to accomplish that.

--- Quote from: giahung1997 on June 19, 2019, 07:27:10 pm --- it had me write too much, too verbose, the same problem with Object Pascal.

--- End quote ---
It's usually a lot faster to type a few additional characters than looking for, and fixing, a bug caused by the succinctness of the language (or its "so convenient" garbage collector that decided that one of your variables was garbage....oops!)

--- Quote from: giahung1997 on June 19, 2019, 07:27:10 pm ---I lacked formal education of computer science so this will very helpful  :)

--- End quote ---
Potentially, it could be very helpful.  For help to be helpful, the receiver has to listen.  Without that, it won't have any effect at all.  The good news is the same as the bad news: it's up to you.

giahung1997:
@440bx:

1. Sorry. I have not compiled with optimization. Compiled binary is as fast as Java  :-[

2. Only if you don't use an IDE. It will catch and show warnings immediately  :)

3. I will listen what really helps me and skip other parts  8-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version