Recent

Author Topic: .exe file like a siteweb  (Read 1813 times)

FreeRaider

.exe file like a siteweb
« on: May 31, 2019, 06:23:12 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm new to FP programming. I don't know if this is the right place to publish this post,(I apologize, in case) but I would like to know your opinion on this question:

Is it possible to create an executable file, using Lazarus, that replicates this site http://www.allunderone.org/calligraphy2/calligraphy.php?

The above site created a preview and a pdf file (A4 or US letter format) with the lines (horizontal, vertical and/or oblique).

Thanks in advance
FreeRaider

sash

Re: .exe file like a siteweb
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 09:18:50 pm »
I would like to know your opinion on this question: Is it possible to create an executable file, using Lazarus, that...

Didn't get an exact question, but my opinion is more likely yes than no.
Lazarus 2.0.10 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 @ Ubuntu 20.04 XFCE

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 12:32:31 pm »
Is it possible to create an executable file, using Lazarus, that replicates this site http://www.allunderone.org/calligraphy2/calligraphy.php
I don't see any reason why it's not possible. It's no more complicated than PDF generation, which we have a native library for.

devEric69

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 02:07:43 pm »
I'm not sure, that I fully understand the question.
- if the goal is to create a pdf from this page, you can do it in Lazarus (that being said, on the Internet user side, there are already existing tools like PDFCreator, ..., which install a pdf printer that can be selected from the browser when you click on the file menu "File-page \ print" of your browser).
- if the goal is to redevelop this page with a Lazarus cgi-.exe managed by an HTTP server (Apache, NGINX, ...), the answer is yes using LazWeb (see http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LazWeb).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 02:12:55 pm by devEric69 »
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

FreeRaider

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 12:34:05 pm »
Sorry if my question was not understandable. I was wondering if it was possible to create an .exe file that copies the site's features, in offline mode (a stand-alone .exe file).

If so, what command is used to create the lines (length, height, inclination, thickness, color etc)?

Thanks in advance.
FreeRaider

440bx

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 01:33:05 pm »
Sorry if my question was not understandable. I was wondering if it was possible to create an .exe file that copies the site's features, in offline mode (a stand-alone .exe file).

If so, what command is used to create the lines (length, height, inclination, thickness, color etc)?

Thanks in advance.
you mention in your website that you wrote the generator in Postscript.  At least in theory, you should be able to use Ghostscript (as a DLL) to execute the Postscript commands and display them in a program's window DC.

I don't know if FPC/Pascal/Delphi bindings/interface definitions are available for the Ghostscript DLL but, it shouldn't very hard to make your own if you have to.

That solution, if possible, could be the simplest one as it is closest to what you already have.

The other way is to write your own Postscript to GDI interpreter.  Depending on how much of the Postscript language you intend to support, that can be quite a bit of work and, some of it not exactly easy either.

Hopefully, the above is along the lines of the answer you were looking for.

HTH.

(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

SymbolicFrank

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 09:00:24 pm »

440bx

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 09:39:10 pm »
Look at this: https://wiki.freepascal.org/fpvectorial
That definitely looks like an excellent alternative.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018