Forum > Other

Small CHM improvement

<< < (2/4) > >>

ASerge:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 29, 2019, 10:10:12 am ---The fixed CHM is a separate download (see link in first post). I now also replaced it in the snapshot.

--- End quote ---
Both are fine now.

marcov:
Do they work in the IDE for you ? For me the treeview has empty titles. Also I see sometimes paths with backslashes in them in lhelp.

ASerge:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 29, 2019, 03:01:51 pm ---Do they work in the IDE for you ? For me the treeview has empty titles. Also I see sometimes paths with backslashes in them in lhelp.

--- End quote ---
Example. In the IDE, I set the cursor to "procedure" and pressed F1.
lhelp is displayed, on the left tree root element is "Reference Guide"
At status panel (at bottom) "ms-its:ref.chm::/ref\refse91.html#keyword_procedure not found!"
Many tabs (at bottom), the last one is selected with the caption "[unknown]"
If I select Index and double-click on any item, the last tab is renamed to "Reference Guide"

marcov:
Thanks for the info, I've found it. Probably a result of regenerating that ref.chm on windows instead of linux. I will fix it in the coming days.

The confusing bit was the binary index was ok (probably fixes the path internally), but the .hhk file wasn't.

The textmode IDE mostly uses the binary index, so that explains why the early tests worked.

marcov:
I fixed the empty TOC treeview issue. (though IMHO lookup should go to index, but there is a bug report for that iirc)

Note that the fix was in FPC, so update FPC to r42137 and rebuild everything.

The help is extremely slow though (5 seconds on a keyword) . I don't know what causes it, but it seems to it is the treeviews.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version