Recent

Author Topic: Running a minimal fpc on a microcontroller  (Read 8733 times)

jamie

Re: Running a minimal fpc on a microcontroller
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 11:18:47 pm »
So tell me what current processors/ min boards use a 6502 instruction set?

I made an assembler/IDE with the  Pet/CMD/128 etc..
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Edson

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 07:12:21 am »
So tell me what current processors/ min boards use a 6502 instruction set?

My compiler is aim to work in differents 6502 systems, but my tests are in a Commodore 64.

I made an assembler/IDE with the  Pet/CMD/128 etc..

Good. I've included complete support for ASM blocks in my compiler.
Lazarus 2.2.6 - FPC 3.2.2 - x86_64-win64 on Windows 10

SymbolicFrank

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 02:16:00 pm »
I explored the options for the initial IDE to use:

1. Arduino: far too simple. Nice if all you want is a short, endless loop. But everything is preconfigured and runs out of the box.

2. ARM development IDE's: Either very expensive or Eclipse variants. Your only real choice is C or C++. Assembler is barely supported. And a minimal startup configuration is spread out over many header and source files. I spend about a day getting such a minimalist development environment together. The debugging works great.

3. Lazarus: far superior to Eclipse. I can use Pascal (but not assembler). And now with a new embedded platform choice! Well, I didn't get it to work yet, and I would have to make a new profile for my test CPUs, or use different ones. Spend a week or so researching and fixing that? I might get the compiling, linking and flashing to work using only command-line tools, but most info I could find seem to be outdated.

Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, it seems my best bet would be to translate the minimal C startup code to assembly, write an assembler/disassembler in assembly, a pascal compiler in pascal and have them compile themselves.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018