Recent

Author Topic: Setting IDE same to RAD Studio IDE  (Read 6667 times)

systemgvp

Setting IDE same to RAD Studio IDE
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:52:45 pm »
How can I set Lazarus IDE same RAD Studio (Delphi) IDE?

Without free windows.

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
Re: Setting IDE same to RAD Studio IDE
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:08:47 am »

Buy Delphi.

Without free windows.

No window, or anything else in the IDE will be free.

Oh, sorry... I couldn't resist... You can try Anchor Docking.

You may also try searching the forum, you are not the first to ask the same... I never understood why many people prefer docked IDE windows.

K155LA3

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 12:45:20 am »

Without free windows.

Install two package (Package -> Install/Uninstall packages) "AnchorDockingDsgn" and "Sparta_DockedFormEditor" for single window IDE with form designer similar as RAD Studio.

systemgvp

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 09:18:47 am »
Thanks "K155LA3", I was looking for just that.

Buy Delphi.
You may also try searching the forum, you are not the first to ask the same... I never understood why many people prefer docked IDE windows.

Zoran, I've also RAD Studio Delphi 10.3.1 but He don't compile GUI Linux Application, only Server Linux (There is an FMX Linux extension but it costs a lot).

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 09:41:00 am »
Install two package (Package -> Install/Uninstall packages) "AnchorDockingDsgn" and "Sparta_DockedFormEditor" for single window IDE with form designer similar as RAD Studio.
Then load some of these desktops to mimic Delphi like IDE settings:
https://github.com/FlKo/LazarusDockedDesktops
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 11:35:56 am »
Thanks "K155LA3", I was looking for just that.

Buy Delphi.

Zoran, I've also RAD Studio Delphi 10.3.1 but He don't compile GUI Linux Application, only Server Linux (There is an FMX Linux extension but it costs a lot).

I know, sorry again. Of course I wasn't serious, then I gave the useful answer in my post, didn't I?

systemgvp

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 10:20:05 am »
Thanks Zoran but I've see the rapid istructions by K155LA3 user.

systemgvp

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 10:32:30 am »
Last question. This is Delphi and Lazarus IDE layouts, but How can I set the same right tabs?

K155LA3

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 09:36:30 pm »
1. Drag and drop "Components" tab to the float window (pict. 1).
2. Drag and drop "Components" window to the blue area (pict. 2).
And you get the location of the "Component" area as in Delphi (pict. 3).

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:17:40 am »
I much prefer if I have to deal with fewer windows when switching between them. I usually have enough open already so I don't need to deal with each single one (this is most noticeable on Linux).

BeanzMaster

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 05:59:21 pm »
Hi you can follow my tutorial in french here https://jerome-delauney.developpez.com/tutoriels/lazarus/configurer-et-personnaliser-edi-lazarus/

Note : On left you can translate the page with microsoft translator

Akira1364

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 10:01:52 pm »
With the amount this question gets asked by newcomers to Lazarus, I think it's about time AnchorDocking + Sparta Docked Form Edit is made the default... (especially considering it's been the default window setup in Delphi for over a decade.)

At the very least, it needs to be made much more obvious / advertised somehow exactly which packages need to be installed, and that those packages do come bundled with Lazarus.

wp

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 10:35:31 pm »
With the amount this question gets asked by newcomers to Lazarus, I think it's about time AnchorDocking + Sparta Docked Form Edit is made the default... (especially considering it's been the default window setup in Delphi for over a decade.)
Maybe I do not know how to do that, but unless all non-modal IDE windows can be docked the docked IDE is not complete and very annoying. Open the anchor editor, menu editor or a package editor. Initially they are at the top, fine. But these editors require permanent switching back to the IDE. On a system with full-screen docked IDE (small notebook monitor), they disappear from the screen when the IDE is focused, and it requires several clicks to bring them back to the front. In the undocked IDE, on the other hand, the windows can always be arranged with little gaps so that the covered anchor/menu/package editor peeks through.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 11:25:49 pm »
I guess it might be a chicken and egg issue...

Most if not all team members afaik prefer individual windows. (I may be wrong, but that is the impression I get).
So for it to improve, it relies on users to use it, test it, and report issues.

If of course the avg user is unaware of its existence, then the above is never happening.

IHMO adding it to default (bigide) is not an issue, because all it changes is to show the "dock handles". Nothing is docked to begin with, but it should be easy to see how to dock stuff.
Showing the dock handles can be switched off in options, and it is easy enough to uninstall for all those who do not want it.

My 2 cents... 

lucamar

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 12:39:34 am »
This is all a question of personal preferencies. I like better the "standard" separate windows even though, as PascalDragon said, you can end up with a dozen windows on your taskbar in Linux. I find easier (for me) to just alt-Tab between them and close/open those I want or not.

One (minor) problem I see is that the "hub" for my way of working is mostly the editor, but Lazarus' "hub" is its "main window" with the menu, the component palette, etc.

It wouldn't matter much if, like in Delphi, you could for example access the main menu from the editor, and so on. Unfortunately you can't: you must swicth first to the "main" window.

Another pet peeve of mine is that in each new version there seems to be less and less "helping" for "keyboard-mostly" folks: menu items, buttons, etc. without accelerators, common key alternatives not working, etc. No "show-stopper" realy, but kind of annoying.

Well ... nothing is perfect <sigh>
:)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018