Recent

Author Topic: Has anybody heard of qooxdoo JavaScript framework?  (Read 358 times)

kveroneau

Has anybody heard of qooxdoo JavaScript framework?
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:22:52 pm »
I stumbled upon this framework after looking into GMX, a popular email platform.  If anybody here uses GMX, you've used a qooxdoo powered web application.

The reason I bring this up is, since this framework is open sourced, has a really large widgetset, and generates desktop-like web applications.  It seems like it could be a good fit for a Lazarus target.  I think it could be really interesting to have Lazarus auto-generate a qooxdoo application.  This along with some Pascal server-side could make it possible to easily port Lazarus desktop apps almost directly to the web, I am sure it won't be as easy as a recompile, but that would be amazing if it were possible.  I know that Delphi has a similar function, where you can cross-compile a desktop app to the web.  Lazarus seems to have some disconnected components to somewhat allow this, but it isn't very well documented, or easy to perform.

I'd recommend checking out their demo page, the web apps look and feel like a desktop application.  The code example, while in JavaScript, appears to be entirely class-based(well prototype-based, but we're dealing with JS here).  So potentially creating a transpiler or retrofitting Pas2Js to generate the code from a Lazarus form and unit files might not be too difficult.  I am not a JavaScript master, so this is unfortunately beyond me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018