Recent

Author Topic: How to stop CodeTools inserting tabs, when spaces are desired  (Read 1234 times)

howardpc

I have not been able to find a combination of settings on the IDE Options page which ensures that when, for instance, you press Ctrl+Shift+C to insert a new variable, you reliably get the "var" and the newly named variable indented only with spaces.
Whatever settings I select, CodeTools always uses tabs.

On a (possibly) related issue: recently, the "Edit->Tabs to Spaces in Selection" command does not do anything any more. Which makes replacing all the pesky unwanted tabs much harder than it should be.
Am I the only one affected by this, or am I simply unable to understand the tab and indent settings page properly?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:05:45 pm by howardpc »

ASerge

Re: How to stop CodeTools inserting tabs, when spaces are desired
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:55:09 pm »
Whatever settings I select, CodeTools always uses tabs.
On a (possibly) related issue: recently, the "Edit->Tabs to Spaces in Selection" command does not do anything any more. Which makes replacing all the pesky unwanted tabs much harder than it should be.
Am I the only one affected by this, or am I simply unable to understand the tab and indent settings page properly?
Windows 7, Lazarus 2.0.2.
There are spaces everywhere. I tried to put that the tab is necessary, all the same uses spaces.
The "Edit->Tabs to Spaces in Selection" command works.

howardpc

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 11:30:23 pm »
OK, maybe this is a Linux or GTK2 issue.
Mint 19 Cinnamon, Lazarus 2.0.2

lucamar

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 11:57:02 pm »
OK, maybe this is a Linux or GTK2 issue.
Mint 19 Cinnamon, Lazarus 2.0.2

No. I'm on various Linuxen (with GTK widgetset) and all work as they should, inseritng spaces. Sounds like something is mis-configured on your end.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018