Recent

Author Topic: mysql, something more uptodate?  (Read 4416 times)

ciuly

• Delphi/C# developer
    • Ciuly's Web Corner
mysql, something more uptodate?
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:58:26 am »
Hello,

I've been trying to find some compnents/libraries to work with mysql (4.x or 5.0 if possible) but as I see most of the libraries/discussions are out of date. The most recommended, Zeos, seems to be last worked on in 2005.

what would be a good choise for my case?

thanks.
freelancer

DougNettleton

RE: mysql, something more uptodate?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:22:46 pm »
Hello,

I've tried most of the libraries referred to here - as long as they were "data aware".  Zeoslib is under fairly active development - testing snapshots more frequently than monthly - the latest 07-Nov-2007. A second beta 6.6.1 released in February.

I've only used them with Firebird 2, since I've pretty well given up on MySQL and uninstalled it.

You'll need a recent Lazarus nightly snapshot and you may be a little frustrated.  I've been using the Oct 30th one, since I couldn't install zeos on the Oct 31 / Nov 01 snapshots, but that's probably changed over the last week or so.  

Since I'm using quite a few components trying to stay up to date with the nightly snapshots is kind of tedious, but I try to keep one around that has worked in the past when I experiment with newer ones.

Another interesting package is rxfpc.  At least some of the data aware controls in the version from Sep 1 need to be enabled / disabled manually since they don't respect the "autoedit" setting.

If you're using Windows Vista, see my thread about installing components under Vista.  If you're using XP you should have no problems.  If you're using Linux, I've only tried version 0.9.22 there so none of these components can be used.  They require features not found in FPC 2.0.4

Good luck,

Doug

ciuly

• Delphi/C# developer
    • Ciuly's Web Corner
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:49:06 pm »
I'm not interested in it to be data aware. I'll be writing a generic DB layer anyway. (actually it's nearly done).
I'm more interested in getting/setting the date.

probably I'm wrong, but isn't the correct place to get zeos from SF CVS, the rework directory? because all files there are from 2005. what am I doing wrong?
freelancer

DougNettleton

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:14:37 am »
The following is posted at sourceforge.net ...

Posted By: miseeger
Date: 2006-10-26 13:31
Summary: Out-dated: CVS on SourceForge!
Dear users,

according to our switch to another versioning system we abandoned the versioning using CVS on SourceForge. It will be no longer updated. Our versioning system is now hosted at firmos.at ("Trunk": svn://www.firmos.at/zeos/trunk or "Testing": svn://www.firmos.at/zeos/testing). We hope for your understanding for all these steps.

Best Regards,

Zeos Development-Team

Try ...

http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/snapshots/

for the latest snapshots.

HTH,

Doug

ciuly

• Delphi/C# developer
    • Ciuly's Web Corner
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 12:04:42 pm »
I see :D thanks.

I can't seem to find the english version of the site. probably non-existing. any ideas what are the differences between trunk and testing, and testing compact?

thanks.
freelancer

TinyPortal © 2005-2018