Recent

Author Topic: Logitech USB cam was causing app lag and now it isn't?  (Read 524 times)

jamie

Logitech USB cam was causing app lag and now it isn't?
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:07:34 am »
I just opened a project that involves the use of cameras and the app has a live view of the image along with many other
items..
  Its a Logitech Laptop type with a clip on it to attach it to the lid. I've noticed until tonight that is, when ever I enable the
live view with it, it caused my forms to lag when dragging the form around. Playing with different refresh rates would also
change the effects.

Using a long update rate I didn't notice much of a lag for form movements but the image update on the screen is long of course.

it's like the message system to the forms are getting blocked, stalled or what ever..

I have a another app I haven't touched in a long time and its compiled with an older version of Lazarus, the camera in that one
nows runs smoothly so its nothing I've done in code recently to fix anything..

This is on windwos 10. I've looked on the net for any chatter about fixes or something and can't find anything..

The only thing I noticed last night was when I booted this PC there were three console windows overlapping doing some
configuration while Windows 10 was initializing but I was busy doing other things last night and not working on any apps that
involved cameras.

Does anyone know of any recent changes MS made in the last few hours that would fix my CAM stalling the app?

I am not complaining, just doing some detective work to know away!

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018