Recent

Author Topic: Trying to connect to a MYSQL server, error with installed...  (Read 4871 times)

windy

Trying to connect to a MYSQL server, error with installed...
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:39:32 pm »
Hi
I get this error:
MySQL41Connection can not work with the installed MySQL client version
( and I tried using the mysql5 connection too)
I downloaded and installed mysql client developer for Mandriva via the software update....
and I have a libmysql.so (231.0kb, 05/15/06) and libmysql.so.15 and libmysql.so.12 files
the libmysqlclient.so.15 file is newer and larger (1.4mb, 09/01/07).,...should I rename that to libmysql.so ?
thanks!

update:
I went ahead and renamed to that libmysqls.o.15 file and vola its working (I got connected to the database) :) (with the vers 5 mysql component in lazarus)
for a end user to use, do they just need that libmysql.so file, which I could provide, or do they need to have mysql vers client 5+ installed?
also, is there an equivalent libmysql.so (5+) for the Mac?
thanks!!
ps, now that I have can connect to the mysql server, I now need to connect to the database and then the table....and then add records to that table....trying to find some code examples to do that....any hints appreciated!
Brian

windy

RE: Trying to connect to a MYSQL server, error with installe
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
Hi
made progress
using sql.text= etc and the prepare and execute commands :)

Question:
is there a libmysql.so equivalent available for the mac version of lazarus?
thanks!
ok, I found this info:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mac-os-x-installation.html

wiz

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:41:59 pm »
I'm not sure if this is what you did but on Linux you would normally create a symlink to a shared file and not rename it.

This leaves the original intact with the correct name so that other apps can still find it.

Sorry if this is too obvious, feel free to insult me :D

windy

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:42:07 pm »
just to report that its working on the my linux setup (remote mysql server)
I am happy
but mysql database does not seem to be supported yet for the Mac version....any hints on that?
thanks!

piper62

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:30:25 am »
Hi, you have to install the MySQL client software on the Mac. I used FINK to do it, it emulates an APT system on the Mac and is really usefull.
After that you shouldn't have a problem to connect also with the Mac version of your software.

As a hint: We moved to ZeosLib because of better support of transactions etc. So, if you need something like that I recommend to switch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018