Recent

Author Topic: Configuring default directory and file extension in Lazpaint  (Read 6236 times)

keiichiweb

Configuring default directory and file extension in Lazpaint
« on: April 19, 2019, 07:17:56 pm »
Hi, i would like to know if it's possible to change the way Lazpaint saves an image. I would like to make "My Documents" directory as the default directory when saving an image, instead of "My pictures". Don't know if it's possible to set the default saving directory as the user needs or wants. I searched all the files of installation, and didn't saw anything that could be changed.

Also everytime i save an image, i have to mark the option "JPG" for example. Is it possible to set also the same file extension as default always?

Everytime i save an image, i have to change the directory (it always appears in C:\Users\XXXX\Pictures) and mark the correct file extension i want for the image, but it will be wonderful if every user can change the default directory and default extension for the image saved, or maybe keep the last configuration used. For example, if i saved the last image in "JPG" and in some directory, the next image will be saved in the same directory and also in "JPG".

Is it possible? Regards.

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: Configuring default directory and file extension in Lazpaint
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 05:28:00 pm »
I think it already works like that as long as you don't quit the program. Do you mean you would like this preference to be saved after restarting?
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

keiichiweb

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:08:40 am »
Yes, after restarting.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 06:35:54 pm »
Ok I am adding an option to remember directories.

For the file format, I prefer not, because the default option in my view is to keep the same file format.

Note that if you want to handle a lot of files, you can use the image list in LazPaint.

keiichiweb

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 12:54:42 pm »
Thanks. In Paint Shop Pro there's an option like "Remember last file extension used", so if you work all time saving JPGs, it will present you the saving action in JPG. For me it was very useful rather than saving the file in the same extension it is by itself.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 02:46:02 pm »
I see. Indeed one would be free not to check the option.

keiichiweb

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 08:14:09 pm »
Well, i think that letting people decide the easy way to work (everyone of us have different ways of using a graphic editor) is the better way. I was looking for a graphic editor and i found LazPaint very useful, i liked a lot the use of key macros, also that it's very light for the CPU usage.

The only thing i don't know is that if you add and add more options, the program starts to be more complex and heavy, but i think that it's very useful letting people decide things like that in options. For me "Remember the last file extension used for saving" would be very useful for working with Lazpaint.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018