Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.2  (Read 49066 times)

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.2
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 03:56:36 pm »
For the editor part, there is one, just select profile Twilight  in tools->options->editor->Display->colors

then in the top line switch default to twilight, as marked with an arrow in the screenshot

piola

• Lazarus 2.2, 64bit on Windows 8.1 x64
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 10:40:35 pm »
Where should I report bugs? Here or in the bugtracker?

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 11:28:49 pm »
In the bugtracker please.
You can post a summary here, with a link.

If unsure if something is a bug, you can discuss it here first.

The forum is only monitored by a subset of the team, and also it offers no means of organizing bug reports.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 01:06:35 pm »
please implement dark theme in lazarus <3
There's no need to.  Just change the style of your desktop system.  If you can't, change your operating system to one that allows it.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Dim.Uly

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 05:23:41 pm »
Hi. In Lazarus  v2.0.2  I have message:  Fatal: Unable to open file c:\Users\Дмитрий\AppData\Local\lazarus\idemake.cfg, when i trying to install components. In Lazarus  v2.0.0 I had no problems. How to fix it?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 04:25:59 pm »
I've just upgraded to Lazarus 2.0.2.

I saw the deb file has been renamed to fpc-laz*.deb. I believe it is good, it should be able to solve the common Lazarus not working issue after OS upgrade/update on Ubuntu/Gnome distros. Thank you.

But where is the todo window? I can't find it on Lazarus menu > View.

lucamar

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 05:03:22 pm »
The main caption ... is it on purpose? Because, frankly, it's ugly. I don't remember it being that way in previous releases, was it?

(I'm refering to the "rUnversioned directory", which is even longer in translations--not translated, thank the gods :) )

But where is the todo window? I can't find it on Lazarus menu > View.
I see it right there: "ToDo List", below "Leaks and traces".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 05:10:23 pm by lucamar »
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 05:28:34 pm »
I found it. Thank you.

Don't know what actually happened. I saw Online Package Manager and Todo List were disabled by default. Everything seems to working correctly after I enabled and rebuilt the IDE.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 10:18:21 am »
The main caption ... is it on purpose? Because, frankly, it's ugly. I don't remember it being that way in previous releases, was it?
(I'm refering to the "rUnversioned directory", which is even longer in translations--not translated, thank the gods :) )
It is supposed to show an SVN revision only if one is found. It was checked by:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. if (rev = '') or (rev = 'Unknown') then
Apparently different SVN clients return different texts, thus in r61029 I added a test for or 'Unversioned directory'. Please test. It will be merged to 2.0.4.
This is main.pp line 8481.
Are there possibly other such texts from other clients? Can the texts be translated? That would complicate things.

Originally this feature was added to trunk in r58779 last autumn.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:25:52 am by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

lucamar

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 10:53:23 am »
It is supposed to show an SVN revision only if one is found. It was checked by:
  1. if (rev = '') or (rev = 'Unknown') then
Apparently different SVN clients return different texts, thus in r61029 I added a test for or 'Unversioned directory'. Please test. It will be merged to 2.0.4.
This is main.pp line 8481.
Are there possibly other such texts from other clients? Can the texts be translated? That would complicate things.

I've followed the code (in the release sources) and it ends up in revision.inc, which contains:
  1. // Created by Svn2RevisionInc
  2. const RevisionStr = 'Unversioned directory';

Those kind of messages are usually translated (for example, in this machine svnversion responds with "exportado", in Spanish). Wouldn't it be better to check whether the string starts with a number (or some similar test) rather than check all possible "unversioned" messages?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:58:34 am by lucamar »
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 12:58:59 pm »

I am not sure the rev should be shown by default. It is getting crowded in the title..
(Instead of checkboxes, we should maybe have an edit box in the config, which accepts macros: "Lazarus $(version) - $(projecttitle) $(projectpath)" ....)

Also, if shown it should use a whitelist format. Show *only* if svn returns a known format: 47124 or r47123.
If the svn response is not known, do not show it.

jamie

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 02:19:44 pm »
I like the new 2.0.2 but I notice the EDITOR is jumpy now.

Many times if I move my cursor via key board using arrows and then start to type the cursor jumps back to the
start of the line or somewhere near the start. In otherwords, it does not stay where I moved it.

Oh well.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 04:31:39 pm »
Many times if I move my cursor via key board using arrows and then start to type the cursor jumps back to the
start of the line or somewhere near the start. In otherwords, it does not stay where I moved it.
It happens with GTK2, right?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 04:44:46 pm »
I am not sure the rev should be shown by default. It is getting crowded in the title..
I think it is OK by default because using SVN can be considered a use case for advanced users.
When the sources are got from SVN, the revision number is a very useful piece of information.

(Instead of checkboxes, we should maybe have an edit box in the config, which accepts macros: "Lazarus $(version) - $(projecttitle) $(projectpath)" ....)
Yes. That will be a bigger change and will not be backported to 2.0.x.
I hope somebody provides a patch. It will be tested well and then goes to Lazarus 2.2.x.

Also, if shown it should use a whitelist format. Show *only* if svn returns a known format: 47124 or r47123.
If the svn response is not known, do not show it.
Yes, the logic was not well thought of. I fixed it in r61030. After a testing period I will mark it for merging to 2.0.4.

yurix

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 07:21:19 pm »
Hi. In Lazarus  v2.0.2  I have message:  Fatal: Unable to open file c:\Users\Дмитрий\AppData\Local\lazarus\idemake.cfg, when i trying to install components. In Lazarus  v2.0.0 I had no problems. How to fix it?
I have a similar situation. We discussed this in the topic "we are planning the next release."
An error occurs if the environment variable Path contains the path to the sh.exe. That is, if you have a cygwin installed for example.
Unfortunately, we have not yet found a better solution than removing the path to the shell from the environment variable Path.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018