Recent

Author Topic: Suppress showing some packages in Components palette  (Read 1803 times)

af0815

Suppress showing some packages in Components palette
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:35:16 am »
Is it possible to suppress the viewing of some packages (but let it installed) in the components palette ? I can only shift the packages to the right  :-\ to be 'out of scope'.

Why - eg. Indy install a lot of (actual unneeded by myself) pages to the components palette and i want to suppress the viewing of some pages, without manipulating the original package. Or i must install a package to fullfill the requirements of another package, but do not active use the components by this package.

regards
Andreas

howardpc

Re: Suppress showing some packages in Components palette
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 10:50:47 am »
It should be sufficient for the IDE to compile a package (it then is aware of it) without installing it for it to be useable by another package that has it as a dependency.
Unless, perhaps, the requiring package is poorly designed, and somehow forces a requirement that  all dependent packages must be IDE-installed (design-time) packages, even if some of them are not design-time packages.

I may be wrong about this. I have never encountered it myself.
Anyway, good practice is always for package builders to make a clear distinction between runtime packages, design-time packages, and run-and-design-time packages.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:52:40 am by howardpc »

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Suppress showing some packages in Components palette
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:06 pm »
Right-click on the palette bar. Choose Options. After that it is obvious....
Uninstalling a package from the palette will not remove it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:48:25 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018