Recent

Author Topic: Alternative to VirtualTreeView in Cocoa which does not mess up other controls?  (Read 25463 times)

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
A picture is worth a thousand words

MISV

Will try do today or tomorrow! (But will look 99% same as earlier posted showing he toolbar problem - only reason slightly different is I simplified the demo further after posting screenshots last time in this forum thread.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:12:02 pm by MISV »

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
I'm asking, because the trunk is now producing for me the same result as was shown on "vtv-set-to-invisible--no-vtv-tab.png".

In the past there were issues with "fpcupdeluxe" not pulling the latest version -and-or- produced different results that just "svn update". So I want to exclude this case in particular.

MISV

For what it is worth I still have various problems with the virtual treeview control. With/without using the recent fixes in virtualtreeview / cocoa

But on a happy note I think many improvements have been made, but it is just not 100% yet - at least for me. But since it seems not many Cocoa users are using virtual treeview then maybe other issues should take priority.

-- I almost have workarounds for all remaining issues (not code fixes, just work arounds) I am experiencing so if anyone has vtv problems - just post here and ask

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:37:03 pm by MISV »

Wallaby

Sorry for bringing up the old thread - I am trying to use a VTV on Cocoa and facing the same issue.

Using Lazarus/Cocoa built by fpcupdeluxe from FPC fixes_3_2 and Lazarus fixes 2_0. Then adding the VTV package (virtualtreeview, not virtualtreeviewonline).

In my test app on Cocoa the same thing happens: toolbar buttons disappear until clicked, some edits get clipped or misplaced, etc.

I wonder if it was solved or there is a workaround for now?

Wallaby

Answer myself:

There is a fixed/worked-around version on Github.

When using FpcupDeluxe, install the virtualtreeviewnew package, but before that change in FPC.INI the branch to pull the code from. The default is lazarus-master, but the latest fixes are in lazarus-v5.

apeoperaio

I am starting using VTV on cocoa. But I have some issues, mostly related to how text is drawn on virtualstringtree.
The text is not drawn well as for the other components but it is quite blurry.
See attached image of the online package manager.
Anyone faced the same problem?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018