Forum > Options

END keyword not uppercase.

(1/6) > >>

segfault:
This seems to be a bug, albeit a minor one. When selecting Tools/Options/Words/UPPERCASE the keywords are supposed to be uppercase when code is inserted, but "end" in procedures isn't. e.g. what you actually get is this :

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---PROCEDURE TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);BEGIN end;    
I'm using Lazarus 2.0 on Win32.

Thaddy:
IT SHOULD BE ALL LOWERCASE. Uppercase was alright when Pascal got invented....We only had uppercase...
Give the eyes some rest, please, and don't ask for dinosaurs to be raised from the grave.
If there's an option for that, KILL IT.  :D 8-)
To some extend I would allow propercase: your own declarations, classes, records, objects and members of those.

segfault:

--- Quote ---IT SHOULD BE ALL LOWERCASE
--- End quote ---

Is this the official line or the world as it should be according to Thaddy?  :D

I guess it's a matter of preference. I know keywords are bold but I don't see how uppercase makes MORE work for the eyes. Didn't you just use capitals in your reply for emphasis?  ;D

wildfire:

--- Quote from: segfault on April 01, 2019, 03:30:09 pm ---Is this the official line or the world as it should be according to Thaddy?  :D

--- End quote ---

It's generally accepted but as you know Pascal is case independent. If you're the only one reading your code then it's down to your preference.

I'm with Thaddy though, it's easier on the eyes if keywords are lower case.

Thaddy:
It is a matter of preference. Feel free to use it - in private -.... :-X
I don't like the view and I don't like a finger occupied uselessly while typing.
But indeed it is a matter of opinion, although most people use lowercase.
(Although I acknowledge that if the option is offered, it's a bug...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version