Recent

Author Topic: Listview multiselect behavior change in Lazarus 2.0.0  (Read 1354 times)

Giorgio Tani

Listview multiselect behavior change in Lazarus 2.0.0
« on: March 30, 2019, 09:06:22 am »
Hi, I've noticed that a listview, with mutiselect set to true, behaves differently in Lazarus 2.0.0 than in previous versions.

My test case is building a fresh new empty project, containing a form with a tlistview item (filled with multiple entries, the method does not influences the result) and multiselect property set to true, compiled with Lazarus 2.0.0 for Win32 or Win64 - same behavior.

If I select multiple items and then click on an already selected item, the previous selection is lost immediately when I press the mouse button, not when I release the mouse button as it happened with previous versions of Lazarus (last tested 1.8.0 and 1.8.4).
As for what I recall the selection should be reset immediately (when mouse button is pressed) only when a non-selected item is clicked, otherwise - if a selected item is clicked - the selections should not be reset until the mouse button is released, so all operations that can be programmed while the mouse is pressed (i.e. drag and drop) can be applied to the selection.

Is that new behavior of listview a bug or is it the new standard behavior?

ASerge

Re: Listview multiselect behavior change in Lazarus 2.0.0
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:19:30 am »
Confirm. This is a bug, because it does not correspond to the standard behavior in Windows.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018