Recent

Author Topic: Code for Smith Chart and Program  (Read 2858 times)

stephanweber

Code for Smith Chart and Program
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:57:23 pm »
Hi,

if anybody is interested in programming a Smith chart (used for display of complex numbers, like impedances), here is my well-tested Delphi pascal source code.
Originally I made it for Turbo Pascal and DOS, since years I have it in Delphi. It is quite beautiful, but not yet object-oriented. It would be nice of course if someone could merge it into the great Lazarus Tchart.
Attached is a zip with example s-parameter files and a program which can load these, and display a Smith chart or others (like polar or cartesian), I have also another zip with Delphi sources. Much of the code I have in Lazarus, but not all.
I have also a bigger Smith chart program, which can be used to design matching networks in a Smith chart. To run the program, you may need some standard Delphi dll's.

Bye Stephan

wp

Re: Code for Smith Chart and Program
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 01:22:55 pm »
Sounds interesting, but I cannot say more than "sounds" because I don't know how to apply your demo and it crashes every now and then with a divide-by-zero error.

Complex numbers can be plotted in TAChart by assuming its x/y coordinates to be the real and imaginary parts of the complex numbers. TAChart, however, does not support any other axes and grids than the standard orthogonal ones.

stephanweber

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 12:40:00 pm »
Hi, to use the executable you need to run it under Windows with loading an spm file (File menu), then you can press a button, e.g. to plot S11 in the Smith chart.
In case of problems, please let me know your system env and make e.g. a screenshot.
A full zip (with dlls) can be downloaded at https://www.riverpublishers.com/book_details.php?book_id=350 by clicking to "Access to simulation tools".

Bye Stephan

sstvmaster

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:50:52 pm »
EDIT!

I downloaded the full package so there is the missing rtl70.bpl

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:04:06 pm by sstvmaster »
greetings Maik

Windows 10,
- Lazarus 2.2.6 (stable) + fpc 3.2.2 (stable)
- Lazarus 2.2.7 (fixes) + fpc 3.3.1 (main/trunk)

sstvmaster

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 03:03:03 pm »
Hi Stephan,

i downloaded your Simulation Tools. Many thanks for that. I dont know about this.
These Tools are very useful for me in my hobby.

73 Maik
greetings Maik

Windows 10,
- Lazarus 2.2.6 (stable) + fpc 3.2.2 (stable)
- Lazarus 2.2.7 (fixes) + fpc 3.3.1 (main/trunk)

stephanweber

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 01:59:40 pm »
EDIT!

I downloaded the full package so there is the missing rtl70.bpl

Sorry, but the dll in zip gives me 300kB, which is a bit too large for forum. You can also send me a message or email. Bye Stephan

kasko

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 08:40:25 pm »
Hi!
It's a long time since you posted the message, I'm very interested in trying to use your programs/source code. You write: " I have also another zip with Delphi sources. Much of the code I have in Lazarus, but not all.
I have also a bigger Smith chart program, which can be used to design matching networks in a Smith chart. To run the program, you may need some standard Delphi dll's."
Is it possible that you can share the mentioned above? I think I have the needed dll's as I have been working with Delphi earlier and still have some installations on a PC or two.
Sharing it would be very much appriciated, thanks in advanve!

Best regards
Karl Jan

TinyPortal © 2005-2018