Recent

Author Topic: Extending IDE: Adding package to project and project-packages  (Read 416 times)

Pascal

I am currently upgrading LazProfiler for supporting profiling of project-packages.

To compile the project with profiling code i have to add a runtime unit to the project and the project-packages.

I have three options:
a) copy the units to all directories (project and project-packages)
b) add path to the LazProfiler-package to OtherUnitPath of the project and the project-packages
c) create a LazProfiler runtime package and add it to the project and the project-packages

a) and b) only work if the project but not the project-packages are profiled. The problem seems to be the different places
where my runtime ppu is stored (project-dir/lib vs package-dir/lib). I get something like the following errors:
Code: Text  [Select]
  1. (10028) Recompiling xyz, checksum changed for C:\freepascal\projects\Test\lib\i386-win32\LazProfilerRunTime.ppu
  2. C:\freepascal\projects\Test\formmain.pas(10,3) Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit xyz used by formmain
  3. Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
where unit xyz is part of a project-package and formmain is part of the project.

c) also does not work as there is no interface to add a package dependency to packages and the AddPackageDependency of TIDEProject does not work ('package xyz not found'. Although it works when done manually!).

Any ideas how to solve this?

laz trunk - fpc trunk 32bit - Windows 10 Pro x64 (1803)

Pascal

Re: Extending IDE: Adding package to project and project-packages
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:27:28 pm »
One not so elegant solution, that works, is to temporary set the UnitOutputDirectory of project an project-packages to a common (temp-)directory and restore UnitOutputDirectory after building the (profiling-)executable.

Are there any better solutions?
laz trunk - fpc trunk 32bit - Windows 10 Pro x64 (1803)

howardpc

Re: Extending IDE: Adding package to project and project-packages
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 12:47:53 pm »
I suggest you contact Mattias directly.
He both designed (and AFAIK maintains) the Lazarus package system and its interfaces. His advice is likely to be more helpful than a hundred comments/guesses/suggestions from others.