Recent

Author Topic: Hello friends !  (Read 3167 times)

radu1984

Hello friends !
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:27:45 am »
Hello , sorry to bother you but i have some questions if you do not mind ! I want to start conding and creating windows desktop applications . I want to know if i install only the Lazarus application do i need to install (before/after) other software or applications along the Lazarus for windows 7 32 bit and if yes what software/applications should i install , from Free Pascal or any other source so i can start learning and applyng ? So i ask you if you do not mind and have the time to give me a list of applications to install before and after Lazaruz IDE !
Thank you very much , sorry to bother you and i wish you a great day !
All the best !  ;D

ccrause

Re: Hello friends !
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:09:52 am »
A good start would be to read through the Installing Lazarus wiki page, and in particular the Windows section. I suspect that all of the basic components required to get Lazarus running are packaged in the installer for your OS (Lazarus, FPC, binutils).  I usually compile from source (and mostly on Linux), so I can only give limited advice.

radu1984

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:20:32 pm »
Thank you ccrause it's true , for windows , 32 bit , i only need the lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe , it contains both FPC/Lazarus in a single .exe package , so if i install it i could start learning and applyng without any other programs ! ?
All te best !  ;)

The text from wiki says :
"Installing Free Pascal under Windows
FPC Binaries for Windows"
By far the easiest way to get a working installation of Free Pascal is to download the current binary Windows release of Lazarus from the SourceForge repository [3] - the release contains the current versions of the Free Pascal Compiler and the Free Pascal libraries as well as the Lazarus IDE."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:46:00 am by radu1984 »

radu1984

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 09:44:49 am »
So can i start learning to code with the above program  lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe on windows 7 32 bit wythout any other installment before or after  the above executable ?
Thank you and a great day !

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 10:00:09 am »
So can i start learning to code with the above program  lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe on windows 7 32 bit wythout any other installment before or after  the above executable ?
The short answer is yes. In some rare cases you might need external libraries for your application(networking ssh/ssl for example), but it has nothing to do with Lazarus/FPC. You can also install packages(not binaries) to increase the productivity.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:02:06 am by GetMem »

Hi im Pascal

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:03:40 pm »
So nobody is mentioning FPCUpDeluxe?

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 07:32:45 pm »
In this case the standard installer for Lazarus/fpc is all you need.
No need to complicate things with fpcupdeluxe.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

ASerge

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 07:32:48 pm »
Insufficiently. You will also need a browser to ask questions on the forum  :)

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 10:30:30 pm »
So nobody is mentioning FPCUpDeluxe?

I happen to be a recent adopter of FPCupDeluxe, and think it is awesome.

But, it is not necessary to answer this question, and will in fact generate additional questions for the original poster that are not helpful.

On a Windows system, with no mention of even cross-compiling, the basic Lazarus 2.0 installation file is all that will be necessary to get the original poster going.  I used Lazarus + FPC since 2012 without the aid of FPCupDeluxe on Windows 7, 8 and 10 -- with 32/64-bit cross compiling.  No issues.  It is a good place for a novice user to start.
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

lucamar

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 10:54:11 pm »

Yes, but if you're really starting to program (as in you've never done it before) I would suggest you to first google for some tutorials in general programming, data structures, basic algorithms and Pascal/Object Pascal. There are some nice ones out there although, of course, the best way to learn is by doing it. Welcome to the community!

Insufficiently. You will also need a browser to ask questions on the forum  :)

<looks around wonderingly> Huhhh ... I think we can safely assume he has one ;)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018