Forum > Lazarus

SourceForge Project of the Month

<< < (2/4) > >>

BeniBela:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on March 01, 2019, 10:05:40 am ---What I find fascinating is that on Sourceforge a project that is often called "niche" has such a following that on Sourceforge it can be called "mainstream" instead....

--- End quote ---

Because sourceforge is niche as well nowadays

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: BeniBela on March 01, 2019, 11:39:50 am ---Because sourceforge is niche as well nowadays

--- End quote ---
Wishful thinking? They still host at least 50% more mainstream projects than e.g. github. And largely dropped the more intrusive commercial approach they implemented because of the backlash they received.
It is now all rather non-intrusive, even to my taste. But indeed, FOSS diehards would rather see sourceforge as a niche platform. Alas: it isn't. It is still the industry leader.
I have no real opinion of what is best ( i like both examples given) , but you must have the facts right. Facts are not open to opinion...

marcov:
Well, in the past we have been pitted against projects like "smplayer" which were hopeless from the start.

Either those projects are no longer at SF, or the selection procedure changed.

Quite a lot of github using projects still use SF for filereleases it seems.

zeljko:
Laz screenshoot is pretty old (0.9.30), maybe you should send new one eg. 2.0 with more windows opened

Thaddy:
And the docked IDE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version