Forum > LazUtils

[Solved] FileUtil Error

(1/2) > >>

bpilaz:
Hi All..
 before now i use lazarus 1.0.14 i create app and OK to run, but now i use lazarus 2.0 my App Cant to run and get message :

ufilerenamer.pas(54,21) Error: Identifier not found "RenameFileUTF8"

in code before i use : FileUtil.RenameFileUTF8(...) , now the code not work please help me.. thanks..

dsiders:

--- Quote from: bpilaz on February 08, 2019, 11:08:51 pm ---Hi All..
 before now i use lazarus 1.0.14 i create app and OK to run, but now i use lazarus 2.0 my App Cant to run and get message :

in code before i use : FileUtil.RenameFileUTF8(...) , now the code not work please help me.. thanks..

--- End quote ---

At some point, those routines were moved into lazfileutils instead of fileutils.

bpilaz:

--- Quote from: dsiders on February 09, 2019, 12:47:58 am ---
--- Quote from: bpilaz on February 08, 2019, 11:08:51 pm ---Hi All..

--- End quote ---

At some point, those routines were moved into lazfileutils instead of fileutils.

--- End quote ---

hi desider.. thakyou verymuch. that work now  :)

lucamar:
Version 1.0.14 is very old by now; you'll probably find quite a lot more surprises like this one. Use the help or the wiki to find to where some functions/procedures/classes have been moved.

Particularly check, in the wiki, the Lazarus release notes & FPC User changes pages for the releases you have skip over.

bpilaz:
lucamar thank for u reply.. ,

yes my lazarus very old version and very surprise now  :D.
but i dont know why lazarus teams not keep consistency of "procedure and function location" , that make any error in other library/component 3Party. but even so lazarus is the best tool for programming

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version