Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.0  (Read 126732 times)

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.0
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2019, 01:31:04 pm »
There is regression with TStringGrid.OnUserCheckboxBitmap - no checkboxes are shown at all, just blank cells.

I tracked down that bug was introduced in trunk last spring.
I created the bugreport, there I gave more details (test application, screenshots, revisions which introduced the bug): https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35085

PierceNg

• SamadhiWeb
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2019, 02:40:24 pm »
I just installed 2.0.0 Mac

lazarus-2.0.0-i686-macosx.dmg

How do you install it?

I'm running Mojave. I downloaded following from SF:
- fpc-3.0.4.intel-macosx.dmg
- fpc-src-3.0.4-macosx.dmg
- lazarus-2.0.0-i686-macosx.dmg

When attempting to install fpc-3.0.4-intel-macosx, I get attached error. I have Xcode and command line tools installed.

SOLVED: Nevermind, I missed the step about installing the SDK headers as per the wiki page. Now installed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:03:15 pm by PierceNg »

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2019, 07:58:15 pm »
SOLVED: Nevermind, I missed the step about installing the SDK headers as per the wiki page. Now installed.

Excellent! Yes, it can be confusing, but the wiki is helpful. Luckily the new debugger makes things much easier than using gdb. I look forward to the complete transition to cocoa.
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

istoica

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2019, 03:30:49 pm »
Wow, this is so great! Congratulations on all levels!

Will you guys be able to provide a more convenient way to switch to SDI interface ?

I mean, I am using it daily on OSX, Xubuntu and Windows, I found no issues so far, unless I am installing the wrong packages or the wrong order.

On Windows, there is still the problem of not finding sqlite3.dll file when activating some packages, couldn't this be solved too ?

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2019, 04:24:29 pm »
There is regression with TStringGrid.OnUserCheckboxBitmap - no checkboxes are shown at all, just blank cells.

I tracked down that bug was introduced in trunk last spring.
I created the bugreport, there I gave more details (test application, screenshots, revisions which introduced the bug): https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35085

This event should have never been used the way I used it, so I resolved the bug with "no change required". More details in bugreport.

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:26 pm »
Wow, this is so great! Congratulations on all levels!

Will you guys be able to provide a more convenient way to switch to SDI interface ?

I mean, I am using it daily on OSX, Xubuntu and Windows, I found no issues so far, unless I am installing the wrong packages or the wrong order.

On Windows, there is still the problem of not finding sqlite3.dll file when activating some packages, couldn't this be solved too ?

Have you copied the sqlite3.dll to the main Lazarus folder?
With the dll in the Lazarus folder I have never had any package complaining during installation.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

garlar27

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2019, 10:44:34 pm »
The other way is to put the SQLite.dll in the correct System folder (System or SysWOW64).

carondaniel1957

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2019, 02:02:36 pm »
Good day to all
Using Linux Ubuntu 18.10, Lazarus 18.4 installed, I am trying to install the new version but when I double-click the downloaded DEB file loading  GDEBI I get the message
ERROR: The dependancy cannot be satisfied : fpc-laz (=3.0.4). I cannot continue the installation any further.

Any hints anyone  ??

mdalacu

• dmSimpleApps
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:54 pm »
you should download and install the fpc and fpc-src packages first from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20amd64%20DEB/Lazarus%202.0.0/

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2019, 01:52:28 am »
.....  GDEBI I get the message
ERROR: The dependancy cannot be satisfied : fpc-laz (=3.0.4). I cannot continue the installation any further.

Any hints anyone  ??
see -
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.0.0_release_notes#Debian_package_fpc_was_renamed_to_fpc-laz

That means that if you want to install the precompiled Lazarus binary from SourceForge, you must also use the fpc from the same place (as mdalacu said). You can no longer mix and match a fpc from your package manager AND use the SourceForge Lazarus. If you build your own Lazarus (and there is good reasons to do so http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_Linux#Build_Lazarus_from_Source ) you can first use either means of installing fpc.

Davo
Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

nachoap

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2019, 06:00:58 pm »
Hi again!

I've returned to Lazarus 1.8.4. One of my sqlite apps was losing a few characters in TEXT fields and sometimes showed then as chinesse characters :O :O :O.

I don't know if it's a Zeos or Lazarus problem. I've not time to uninstall last zeos lib and install previous. So I've downgraded to Lazarus 1.8.4. I'm working with both versions in my PC (Windows 10).

In a few days I'll try to see where is the problem.

Regards.

Robert W.B.

• Love my Wife, My Kids and Lazarus/Freepascal.
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2019, 09:55:18 pm »
Thanks for a good job of yours :D

Best regards/
Robert W. Blennerhed
Rob

tecnoxarxa

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2019, 02:36:46 am »
Great job.Many thanks!
I love Object Pascal and Lazarus.

Kind Regards,
   German A.

SnoopyDog

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2019, 01:50:43 am »
Thank you for this new release :)

I don't know if this bug was introduced in this version or earlier, but assigning "int64" and "qword" variables to and from "OleVariant" is implemented wrong in "variant.inc" (lazarus\fpc\3.0.4\source\rtl\inc).
Assigning an int64 or qword to OleVariant looses the higher 4 bytes because it calls "VariantManager. VarFromInt" for both cases. And in the other direction, "VarToInt64" and "VarToWord64" are exchanged.

This is the corrected code:

Code: [Select]
operator :=(const source : olevariant) dest : qword;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    dest:=variantmanager.vartoword64(variant(tvardata(source)));
  end;

operator :=(const source : olevariant) dest : int64;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    dest:=variantmanager.vartoint64(variant(tvardata(source)));
  end;

operator :=(const source : qword) dest : olevariant;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    variantmanager.olevarfromword64(dest,source);
  end;

operator :=(const source : int64) dest : olevariant;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    variantmanager.olevarfromint64(dest,source);
  end;

How can I get fpc compiled?

Cyrax

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2019, 02:11:36 am »
Thank you for this new release :)

I don't know if this bug was introduced in this version or earlier, but assigning "int64" and "qword" variables to and from "OleVariant" is implemented wrong in "variant.inc" (lazarus\fpc\3.0.4\source\rtl\inc).
Assigning an int64 or qword to OleVariant looses the higher 4 bytes because it calls "VariantManager. VarFromInt" for both cases. And in the other direction, "VarToInt64" and "VarToWord64" are exchanged.

This is the corrected code:

operator :=(const source : olevariant) dest : qword;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    dest:=variantmanager.vartoword64(variant(tvardata(source)));
  end;

operator :=(const source : olevariant) dest : int64;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    dest:=variantmanager.vartoint64(variant(tvardata(source)));
  end;

operator :=(const source : qword) dest : olevariant;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    variantmanager.olevarfromword64(dest,source);
  end;

operator :=(const source : int64) dest : olevariant;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
  begin
    variantmanager.olevarfromint64(dest,source);
  end;

How can I get fpc compiled?

Hey, nice catch! I can see that it is same in the trunk version of FPC. Can you file a bug report so this won't be forgotten?

To compile your version of FPC, make sure that PATH environment variable contains path to FPC binary directory and then open terminal window/command prompt at the location of the FPC source directory. At the open terminal window/comman prompt execute this command : make all INSTALL_PREFIX=<path to your FPC binary directory>

Make sure that you make a backup of FPC binary directory before you rebuild FPC.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:20:53 am by Cyrax »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018