Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.0  (Read 126736 times)

lucamar

Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.0
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2019, 12:03:43 am »
So, seeing I can't get TlzRichEdit to install.... HOW do I remove all references in my project so I can at least display the form.
When the control doesn't load, it won't allow you to edit the form.

Open the .lfm file with any text editor and remove the component. Then do the same with the corresponding declarations in the .pas file.

IIRC there's a way of doing the same inside Lazarus but I don't remember ATM how it's done.

ETA: Ah, yeah, what wp said :-[
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:01 am »
No, you have to scroll on the page to see the far right.
There is no TK tab.... but it doesn't matter.

KConrols and its web site is going down this May... per...

http://www.tkweb.eu/en/delphicomp/

So, I will have to find an alternative to KMemo.

No you don't. Tomas has moved KControls to a new bitbucket repo, he has undertaken to accept patches (and has done so) and is keeping the records straight so the online package manager can keep track. I always install KControls via the online package manager and have no problems. 

TK was also convinced to leave KControls with an appropriate license so it can, if someone wants to fork it (gee, even move it to github or sorceforge !!). I'm still using it in tomboy-ng and plan to as long as I can. Richedit does not work very well on Mac in particular, does not seem to be 'loved' any more than KControls is.

Davo

Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

pixelink

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2019, 12:27:49 am »
I did go check though. And TK is not listed on available tabs to add.
Did TK install correctly? Were there any error messages? Open "Package" > "Install/uninstall packages". If it was installed successfully the packages KControlsBase and KControlsLaz should be listed in the left list without a '+' overlay icon.

I am just installing a fresh copy and I leave all settings alone.
And did you install into a fresh user configuration folder? Are you sure that you did not mix your old configuration files with the new installation?

Yes... no errors
Yes fresh new install from sctracth. uninstalled 1.8 and deleted folder prior.
the KControls installled, they just don't show up on the tool pallette
Can't Type - Forgetful - Had Stroke = Forgive this old man!
LAZ 2.2.0 •  VSSTUDIO(.Net) 2022 • Win10 • 16G RAM • Nvida GForce RTX 2060

wp

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2019, 12:33:09 am »
So, seeing I can't get TlzRichEdit to install....
I am attaching a version which compiles with Laz 2.0/fpc3.0.4 on Windows only - I removed the gtk2 files from the package to make it compile and updated a few missing units in "uses". To compile under gtk2 you should probaby remove the win32 files from the package and re-add the gtk2 files instead. The demo is compiling and running, I did not test it though.

wp

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2019, 12:36:06 am »
I don't know what's wrong then. Maybe the package is missing the registration? But why don't you use the version provided by Online-Package-Manager? I just rechecked: it is working and the icons do show up on the palette.

pixelink

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2019, 01:26:13 am »
I don't know what's wrong then. Maybe the package is missing the registration? But why don't you use the version provided by Online-Package-Manager? I just rechecked: it is working and the icons do show up on the palette.

Okay... I used the Online Installer for KControls and the TK tab is there now, but the missing file it is looking for is LzRichEdit.
I don't see that on the online list. What is the actual product name?

So, that means the fpackages I have from external sources doesn't work in 2.0
That can only be my conclusion.

pixelink

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2019, 02:30:37 am »
I am attaching a version which compiles with Laz 2.0/fpc3.0.4 on Windows only - I removed the gtk2 files from the package to make it compile and updated a few missing units in "uses". To compile under gtk2 you should probaby remove the win32 files from the package and re-add the gtk2 files instead. The demo is compiling and running, I did not test it though.
I tried to install, but it gives me a message saying that there are no IDE add-ons and suggest I just manually add to required packages.
Are there any tools that are supposed to be added to the tool palette?

pixelink

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2019, 02:39:45 am »

Also, the example in the library folder is not working... there aare no forms or pas files in the project, therefore I have no idea howyou have this set up

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2019, 10:18:54 am »

Putting aside WP's version of LzRichEdit, the official repo has not been updated for five years. Maybe you need to think about an alternative ?  I'd suggest its TRichMemo and TKMemo.  As you note, TK has announced he is no longer interested in developing KControls (which includes KMemo) but will 'manage' it in an ongoing mode. Its functional and works across Linux, Mac and  Windows. Its big and pretty complicated. As you found, supported in Onlinepackage manager.

On the other hand RichMemo is a lot smaller and also available in Onlinepackage manager. Its sort of complete in Linux and windows, lots missing on the Mac. My recent experience is its a lot easier to get things fixed in KControls than Richmemo but, obviously, the future is not as clear. I have made wiki pages about both,  http://wiki.freepascal.org/KControls/KmemoNotes and http://wiki.freepascal.org/RichMemo/WorkArounds.

In light of TK's announcement, I recently reviewed my decision to use KMemo rather than RichMemo. I decided to stick with KControls because of its Mac support and its completeness. I'd prefer RichMemo's lightness but several reports and suggestions went unanswered.

(If you are pasting images, use fixes_2_0 rather than Laz 2.0.0, there is a Linux bug ....)

Davo
Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

wp

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2019, 10:53:15 am »
I tried to install, but it gives me a message saying that there are no IDE add-ons and suggest I just manually add to required packages.
Are there any tools that are supposed to be added to the tool palette?

Also, the example in the library folder is not working... there aare no forms or pas files in the project, therefore I have no idea howyou have this set up

I see now that I had done everything with Laz trunk - too many versions on my PC... With Laz 2.0, the package installs fine, but when I load the example the code editor disappears. No idea what happens here, but I do not want to investigate more work in a dead component.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:14:05 am by wp »

pixelink

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2019, 01:25:44 pm »

Putting aside WP's version of LzRichEdit, the official repo has not been updated for five years. Maybe you need to think about an alternative ?  I'd suggest its TRichMemo and TKMemo.  As you note, TK has announced he is no longer interested in developing KControls (which includes KMemo) but will 'manage' it in an ongoing mode. Its functional and works across Linux, Mac and  Windows. Its big and pretty complicated. As you found, supported in Onlinepackage manager.

On the other hand RichMemo is a lot smaller and also available in Onlinepackage manager. Its sort of complete in Linux and windows, lots missing on the Mac. My recent experience is its a lot easier to get things fixed in KControls than Richmemo but, obviously, the future is not as clear. I have made wiki pages about both,  http://wiki.freepascal.org/KControls/KmemoNotes and http://wiki.freepascal.org/RichMemo/WorkArounds.

In light of TK's announcement, I recently reviewed my decision to use KMemo rather than RichMemo. I decided to stick with KControls because of its Mac support and its completeness. I'd prefer RichMemo's lightness but several reports and suggestions went unanswered.

(If you are pasting images, use fixes_2_0 rather than Laz 2.0.0, there is a Linux bug ....)

Davo

Tried all these and they are buggy and lack features.

pixelink

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2019, 01:27:55 pm »
Well, seeing I have tried all controls for true RTf editing and they all come up short.
My application is now dead in Lazarus.

I guess it is back to .NET for this one

jamie

« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2019, 10:44:03 pm »
I down loaded 2.0.0 when it first was released, I noticed the package "VirtualTree" was preinstalled.

I down loaded it again for my Vista laptop and it is no longer preinstalled but is in the package list and I then
installed it..

Is there some difference between the two? I checked the version numbers between the two and they are both
the same so this much of gotten changed between the two times I down loaded it.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2019, 10:45:09 am »
I down loaded 2.0.0 when it first was released, I noticed the package "VirtualTree" was preinstalled.

I down loaded it again for my Vista laptop and it is no longer preinstalled but is in the package list and I then
installed it..

Is there some difference between the two? I checked the version numbers between the two and they are both
the same so this much of gotten changed between the two times I down loaded it.

See: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.2.0_release_notes#VirtualTreeViews:_Renamed_to_.22laz..22_prefix

jamie

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2019, 09:15:07 pm »
Ok I'll go with that, it would of been nice if they changed the release #..

I know there was an issue with the virtual tree after the initial release of 2.0.0, but since it is now
a installable package I wonder if the issue that was corrected made it in this release ?
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018