Recent

Author Topic: IBObjects  (Read 1515 times)

Groffy

IBObjects
« on: December 28, 2019, 09:32:24 am »
Hello,

anybody here still using the IBObject components? I noticed, that these component pack is still compiling in Lazarus, but after installing, Lazarus is not starting up anymore. It doesn't matter whether I'm trying this in Lazarus trunk, or Lazarus 2.0.6.

Best regards
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

drummondsp

Re: IBObjects
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 12:19:56 pm »
Hello! Sorry for resurrecting this topic, but did you have any success installing Ibo on Lazarus?

I got the sources from the developer and am compiling and installing the packages as directed. However, I encounter a compilation error in one of the packages.

If you managed to install and can share the procedures, I would be very grateful.

I'm using Lazarus 2.2.0, FPC 3.3.2, on Windows 10. Best regards,

Daniel

CharlyTango

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:15:38 pm »
Just to connect to an Interbase or Firebird database the Lazarus on-board tools are sufficient. You find the componets in the SQLdb tab ob the components palette.

Lazarus stable, Win32/64

rvk

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 02:44:08 pm »
I got the sources from the developer and am compiling and installing the packages as directed. However, I encounter a compilation error in one of the packages.
Maybe you have better luck with asking the developer directly.

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 11:42:45 am »
Hello! Sorry for resurrecting this topic, but did you have any success installing Ibo on Lazarus?

If you managed to install and can share the procedures, I would be very grateful.

I'm using Lazarus 2.2.0, FPC 3.3.2, on Windows 10. Best regards,

Daniel
I have a slightly older version of IBObjects and I managed to install it, though it wasn't easy(see attached image). What errors do you get and which version of IBO do you have?

PS: I agree with @rvk, probably the best course of action is to ask the package maintainer first. At least, if there is a bug, it will be fixed in the new version.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018