Forum > Pas2JS

Pas2js for Delphi

(1/2) > >>

Kryvich:
I have made an adaptation of Pas2js for Delphi compiler. So now it's possible to debug the code in Delphi IDE.

If somebody interested you can find it here: https://github.com/Kryuski/pas2js-for-delphi

Ñuño_Martínez:
Nice. :)

Akira1364:

--- Quote ---Used generic collections (TDictionary<string, XXX>) instead of TFPHashObjectList.
--- End quote ---

Certainly something I'd like to see more of on the FPC side of things as far as new libraries/utilities being written, especially considering that for example the FPC Generics.Collections is well known to perform better than any of the other FPC containers libraries.

I don't really understand why anyone would start a new project using non-generic lists/dictionaries/e.t.c. nowadays.

Zoran:

--- Quote from: Akira1364 on January 31, 2019, 02:42:34 am ---
--- Quote ---Used generic collections (TDictionary<string, XXX>) instead of TFPHashObjectList.
--- End quote ---

Certainly something I'd like to see more of on the FPC side of things as far as new libraries/utilities being written, especially considering that for example the FPC Generics.Collections is well known to perform better than any of the other FPC containers libraries.

I don't really understand why anyone would start a new project using non-generic lists/dictionaries/e.t.c. nowadays.

--- End quote ---

Akira1364, Is there a particular reason for introducing TDictionary, when we have TFPGMap from unit fgl, which is part of rtl?

marcov:

--- Quote from: Zoran on January 31, 2019, 11:23:26 am ---
Akira1364, Is there a particular reason for introducing TDictionary, when we have TFPGMap from unit fgl, which is part of rtl?

--- End quote ---

- Afaik TFPGMap are array wrappers, and with larger counts, the resizes get more and more expensive and the fragmentation higher.
- no for .. in support.
- primitive hashing.

IOW there is simply no reason to use them, except that they are Delphi incompatible and minimalistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version