Recent

Author Topic: Porting TurboCASH to Lazarus  (Read 8227 times)

Philip Copeman

Porting TurboCASH to Lazarus
« on: August 23, 2004, 04:32:50 pm »
We are the developers of TurboCASH Accounting, the leading Open Source Accounting package. (20 000 users)

We are interested in recompiling TurboCASH in a OS developemtn environement, with output to WIndows and Linux.

TurboCASH is a complex App that  uses many components. Our users use it in mission critical applications in Small business.

Currently we develop in Delphi 6 and 7, We do not wich to follow Delphi into .Net. Yet we want to be able to use as much as possible of what we have already developed.

Is there anyone that knows Lazarus that can tell us what we should expect if we try to amke this move.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:36:02 pm »
I think the best way is to swith to Mono/.net.

Lazarus isn't ready to replace Delphi 6/7. There is still a long way.

Kind regards

namrud

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 11:50:30 am »
It depends on the components you use and how much win32 api is used
Normal components are pretty ok, Networking and databaes are in an early stage
You have to pull your own conclusion when using beta SW for mission critical programs.

If you have an overview of components and techniques used, I mayby can make a better estimation
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 06:37:46 pm »
What about the Quantum grid components that's in TurboCash ? I've tried to fix a bug,  but since I don't have the Quantum grid components, I can't help. Does anny body know how far off is the Form docking.
I'm a lazy utillity writer and would very much like to get into utilities for Lazarus but need the docking.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018