Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 3 for 2.0  (Read 103848 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 3 for 2.0
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2018, 09:22:06 pm »
From the FPC output:
Code: [Select]
Error: Illegal parameter: -Tmacos
No idea why.

Your "/usr/local/bin/fpc", is it a (sym-)link?
If so does it point to an fpc? or a ppc* ?

The latter would probably cause issues.

Also you may want to try to change your target to Darwin or Cocoa...

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2018, 12:07:54 am »
From the FPC output:
Code: [Select]
Error: Illegal parameter: -Tmacos

Target MacOS is for MacOS Classic (pre Mac OS X). For Mac OS X the target OS needs to be set to Darwin.

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2018, 12:18:09 am »
Target MacOS is for MacOS Classic (pre Mac OS X). For Mac OS X the target OS needs to be set to Darwin.

or just left as 'default' - thats all mine is.

And $DARWIN is defined.

Davo
Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2018, 03:52:39 am »
Disregard my comment on linker error missing "_QTextEdit_setPlaceholderText".

I rebuilt QT5, and doing so corrected this error.

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2018, 04:14:45 am »
Also you may want to try to change your target to Darwin or Cocoa...

or just left as 'default' - thats all mine is.

And $DARWIN is defined.

Davo

OMG :o That was it! I can't believe I did that.  :-[  At some point I tried fixing an error by switching from "Default" to "MacOS". Bad idea, and I forgot I did it. That does explain the errors, DARWIN undefined, and so on.

Thanks all, my apologies for the excessive posts. It was driving me crazy!!

A big thanks to the FPC & Lazarus teams, and to the fine community of coders here willing to help out (even for dumb mistakes  :-[).

Cheers,
VTwin

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 04:22:01 am by VTwin »
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

hubblec4

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 01:58:14 am »
Hello Lazarus Team,

Many many thanks for all the work to make Lazarus so awesome.

I have a project which uses the VirtualStringTree(VST) 4.8.7.4, for easy and fast install I use the Online-Package-Manager(OPM).
But since rev2.0RC1-RC3 I get an error. Installing process in the OPM seems to work but when the IDE is recompile then occurs an error:
Multiple Units found: In attachments is a pic with this error(german message)

When I load my project I get an error of missing VST component.
In the OPM it is marked as installed.
In the "Installed Packages...." on the left side(install) is an entry for VST with a green cross and in the info section you can read "not installed"

I have then removed the VST from "Installed Packages...." and OPM, re-installed and sometimes 2 or 3 repeats and then I could re-compile the Lazarus IDE and my project can be loaded.

In my current working Lazarus installation is under "Installed Packages...." no entry for the VST.

And sometimes I can not compile my project. I get an error of duplicate VST versions.
In the Project Inspector I found two VST entries, one of them has a number "4". I delete then the other VST entry and all works. But randomly occurs this error again and again.

I have install Lazarus 1.8.4(for Windows 32bit on a Win7-64bit PC) as first installation and 2.0RC3 as a second. I thought maybe is this a problem, so I installed all fresh on a clean Windows(VM), but the error is also present.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:59:57 am by hubblec4 »

balazsszekely

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 07:54:16 am »
Hi hubblec4,

I have a project which uses the VirtualStringTree(VST) 4.8.7.4, for easy and fast install I use the Online-Package-Manager(OPM).
But since rev2.0RC1-RC3 I get an error. Installing process in the OPM seems to work but when the IDE is recompile then occurs an error:
Multiple Units found: In attachments is a pic with this error(german message)
With Lazarus 2.0(RC1, RC2, ...),  OPM uses VTV 5.3.3.1 internally, this is why VTV 5.3.3.1 is installed by default. By trying to install an older version of VTV, 4.8.7.4 for example, you will get the multiple ppu message, like the one in your screenshot. You have two choices:
1. Stay with VTV 4.8.7.4 and uninstall OPM and VTV 5.3.3.1, delete the folders from the component directory to prevent the multiple ppu messages
2. Switch to VTV 5.3.3.1, your project should work out of the box, without any issues

PS: I will remove 4.8.7.4 from the central repository to prevent further confusions

hubblec4

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2018, 02:02:03 pm »
Hi GetMem

Thanks for your explanation , now I know where the error comes.

Option 1: yes I could uninstall OPM and VTV5.xxx but thats not a good solution

Option 2: Is very hard for me, because in my project I have more than 50 VTVs and more will be generated at runtime this would make a huge work.
I had try it for a long time to change the VTV in my project and the result was it don't worked. Some procedures of the VTV seams are handled different, because my written code don't work. When I changed back to VTV4xx it works.

Please don't remove 4.8.7.4 from repository.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 02:11:55 pm by hubblec4 »

hubblec4

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 04:09:43 pm »
I have try to change VTV to version 5.xxxx and my project can be loaded and compiled, but at runtime my program crashes when I use the VTV with code to create for example.
Or when I move nodes with VTV 4.xxxx works, but for version 5.xxxx I have to change a lot of source code.

Create example: I had read that it is a good idea to set the parent for the VTV at least.
Before I set the Font and the Size and many more and an error occurs at the Font and/or Size code-line: error message > there is no parent defined.

I can change my source and set the parent at first and it works. -> many work

Moving Nodes: in VTV 5.xxxx it breaks the move-logic. -> much more work.

And many other code differences between v4 and v5 of VTV.

wp

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 04:37:14 pm »
1. Stay with VTV 4.8.7.4 and uninstall OPM and VTV 5.3.3.1...
Just to make sure: Does OPM really need features of VTV5? Of course it depends on the explicit requirements, but all my own usages of VTV worked with v4 and with v5.

balazsszekely

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »
@wp
Just to make sure: Does OPM really need features of VTV5?
Yes. Many new features does not exists in VTV4:
1. Cocoa, qt5 support
2. Support for arm processors like raspberry pi
3. High dpi image implemented by you
Plus it was recommended by @luiz in the first place.

all my own usages of VTV worked with v4 and with v5
Mine too, in fact I could switch from 4.x to 5.x without any issues in a few projects of mine. However OPM is a special case, because it has to run in multiple platforms.
I'm sure you remember that initially VTV(4.x) was added as part of OPM, I even changed the resources to make sure it does not interfere with other VTV instances. But then people started to complain about duplicate code. There is no way to satisfy all the requirement.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 05:11:14 pm by GetMem »

hubblec4

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 01:18:04 am »
In the attachment is as a small test program. On create it insert 10 nodes to the VTV
You can move nodes via drag&drop and only the drop mode OnNode is supported.

When I use the VTV4 package you can move a node on a Node and the moving works.
Change in the project inspector the VTV packages (delete VTV4 and add normal VTV5).

When you move a node the VTV delete nodes.

EDIT:
This is only one of the issues which I have found while I work with VTV. VTV4 is more stable for my project.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:43:05 am by hubblec4 »

wp

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 11:01:34 am »
Would it be an option to rename all classes, units and the package of VTV4 by appending a "4" (or similar), and to adapt these identifiers in the pas and lfm files of your project? Automatic search and replace can be done by any editor and should be easy. This way VTV4 becomes completely independent of VTV5.

Unfortunately I cannot test because VTV4 is no longer available through OPM.

wp

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 12:04:28 pm »
Some thoughts:

Distribution of VTV for Lazarus has always been complicated. There is Liuz' github and there is the copy in Lazarus/components. We recently had a discussion that they are not necessarily in sync. And there is the version of the OPM repository. From which source is it derived? When I make a change to the Lazarus clone and Luiz merges it (or not), is OPM updated as well?

Does VTV5 have to be distributed by OPM at all now that it is part of Lazarus? OK - I know that OPM is independent of Lazarus, and users of Laz 1.6 (which did not yet contain VTV) may wish to install VTV via OPM. Can't there be an {$IF LCL_FullVersion < 10800000} (I don't know the exact version) which prevents adding VTV5 to the OPM package list?

Or should OPM contain only VTV4 with all critical identifiers renamed to give users of the old version a chance to install it in addition to the one used by OPM?

hubblec4

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2018, 01:44:21 pm »
Would it be an option to rename all classes, units and the package of VTV4 by appending a "4" (or similar), and to adapt these identifiers in the pas and lfm files of your project? Automatic search and replace can be done by any editor and should be easy. This way VTV4 becomes completely independent of VTV5.

Unfortunately I cannot test because VTV4 is no longer available through OPM.

Here is a link to VTVhttps://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/47677-1546173751/virtualtreeview-4.8.7-R4.7z

I don't know if this works to rename the package and the classes.
For the moment it works and I remove from time to time the VTV5 package from my project.
I had also tested to use the VTV4 only in my project with an installed VTV5 in Lazarus, and it works.

VTV5 is so buggy.....
Can you confirm the issue with the small test-project?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:04:56 pm by hubblec4 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018