Recent

Author Topic: ct2laz - convertor between CodeTyphon and Lazarus  (Read 21246 times)

avra

• Additional info
Re: ct2laz - convertor between CodeTyphon and Lazarus
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 12:18:22 am »
Important changes since 1.2.0:

1.2.2.219 Fixed resource file handling (.lrs and .ctrs was missing in form edit box). Fixed output handling for new 7zip (added -bb1 switch which is not compatible with old 7zip v9.20 any more). Report error when old 7zip was found or when 7zip is not at expected location. Fixed disabling rename file edit boxes. Changed CSV boolean column values from 'T' and 'F' to more intuitive 'Y' and 'N'. These are breaking changes requiring you to delete old INI file and download new CSV file.

1.2.1.204 Fixed resource file renaming. Added more replacement pairs to CSV file.

https://bitbucket.org/avra/ct2laz/downloads/
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

AWilhelm

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:28 pm »
I just converted my Project from CT to Lazarus, but when I compile the Project I get the Error-Message

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. win32int.pp(8,84) Fatal: Cannot find Win32Int used by Interfaces, incompatible ppu=C:\lazarus\lcl\units\x86_64-win64\win32\win32int.ppu, package LCL

Any idea how to solve this?

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »
...incompatible ppu...
usually means that you have left overs from another version of Lazarus or CT. Try to clean build all, or try to build with another version of Lazarus.

witenite

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2019, 09:26:26 am »
Hi Avra,
greetings from New Zealand. I downloaded and installed your ct2laz program and used it to convert a Lazarus project (demo source code from a 3rd party company) to CT. It practically worked "straight out the box". A very big thank you for your efforts in making this program, otherwise I was going to be up for many hours doing a manual conversion of questionable success.

Note I use Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) as my main workstation, so I was very pleased to see you have a Linux compiled option. Worked perfectly apart from the fact that it crashes right at the end with an error (Unable to create file "session.log"). Fortunately it does not appear to affect the actual conversion process. I've tried giving full read/write access rights to the install folder, but that hasn't helped, so I am not sure where it's trying to save the log file.

1 other thing to clarify: I see several times you mention that you MUST delete the ini file every time you do a conversion. Am I correct in thinking this is the ct2laz.ini file? Must this be deleted everytime before doing a conversion from Lazarus to CT or vice versa, or do you mean only whenever upgrading from one version to the next of ct2laz? It seems strange to need to delete an ini file for the program every time you use it to do a conversion.

Apart from these couple of very minor irritations, the programs is superb, thanks again for your efforts.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2019, 08:57:32 am »
Hello witenite,

Thank you for your kind words. I am always glad to hear that ct2laz helped someone.

Note I use Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) as my main workstation, so I was very pleased to see you have a Linux compiled option. Worked perfectly apart from the fact that it crashes right at the end with an error (Unable to create file "session.log"). Fortunately it does not appear to affect the actual conversion process. I've tried giving full read/write access rights to the install folder, but that hasn't helped, so I am not sure where it's trying to save the log file.
Could you please run it with sudo and report back if anything is different? If you do not trust executable, then you can build your own from the project. It should be easy since it does not use any 3rd party components.

1 other thing to clarify: I see several times you mention that you MUST delete the ini file every time you do a conversion. Am I correct in thinking this is the ct2laz.ini file? Must this be deleted everytime before doing a conversion from Lazarus to CT or vice versa, or do you mean only whenever upgrading from one version to the next of ct2laz? It seems strange to need to delete an ini file for the program every time you use it to do a conversion.
You only need to do it when you are upgrading an executable when something new is added to ct2laz.ini file structure. The reason for this behavior was to avoid complicated INI handling. I did not want to write code to detect missing INI items and then react. I simply used TIniPropStorage and let it do all the work. I will see if I can make it more clear and rephrase it to avoid further confusion.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:02:14 am by avra »