Recent

Author Topic: TMS WebCore with Lazarus in Linux  (Read 7982 times)

heejit

Re: TMS WebCore with Lazarus in Linux
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 10:39:33 pm »
I have written a large application in PyQt without any designer still maintaining and updating it till today
and the same application I want to re-write in FreePascal + WebGui.

So designer is not very important for me Just the Good Library is enough.

I've been pretty damn lazy (or sidetracked) to finish up nyx
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,49572.0.html

I think I've seen enough posts lately to push me to get back to work   :-[

in my opinion, having more than one type of solution to a web ui framework for pas2js is good. Nyx won't be targeting designer integration but I do think there still is a good usecase for an actual drag n' drop widgetset.

Off to start building  ;D

ps

• CSS
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 06:21:17 am »
So try pas2js, this is my progress after 3-4 of weeks migrating our desktop CRM to webapp (with all cool things like PWA).
Small simple CSS/box model implementation: https://github.com/pst2d/csscontrols/tree/dev

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 09:19:23 am »
So try pas2js, this is my progress after 3-4 of weeks migrating our desktop CRM to webapp (with all cool things like PWA).

Would it be possible for you to publish your framework code? I know you have a GitHub repo linked, but that does not seem to be the most up-to-date code (nor does it seem to support pas2js).

heejit

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 10:15:54 am »
This is nice.

How do I start ??

Can you write little tutorial and add into wiki that help lot of new pas2js user like me.

How to create a login form?
How to create a popup form?
How to handle events?
How to use grid?
How to connect to database?
How to use various widgets?
Many more like that

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 04:11:52 pm by heejit »

ps

• CSS
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 05:33:09 pm »
Would it be possible for you to publish your framework code? I know you have a GitHub repo linked, but that does not seem to be the most up-to-date code (nor does it seem to support pas2js).
Now I'm only learning pas2js. It's very promising. I don't think we can make one framework for web and desktop. But 90% of code can be used for some scenarios. I would like to have my css renderer as simple as possible (paint any LCL onpaint control without performance impact of huge lib). "Framework" on top can generate code for css LCL and for pas2js.

When our pas2js project will be finished I can publish some know how from my learning (we have now PWA app for desktop (installable in chrome/edge) and for mobile) and of course responsive desktop app.
Small simple CSS/box model implementation: https://github.com/pst2d/csscontrols/tree/dev

krolikbest

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 03:30:16 pm »
Hi,

recently I also noticed this project (Web Core). Is there a free package to download from somewhere (I know this trial ver on TMS site, but it's not what I want)? Reading this thread it led me to some site to download special edition of Lazarus (web core bundled into Lazarus 2.0.6 probably), but you can't rebuild Laz in order to not lose TMWS Web Core.. I didn't check in Online Packager, should I?

mr-highball

• Highball Github
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 04:36:52 pm »
Hi,

recently I also noticed this project (Web Core). Is there a free package to download from somewhere (I know this trial ver on TMS site, but it's not what I want)? Reading this thread it led me to some site to download special edition of Lazarus (web core bundled into Lazarus 2.0.6 probably), but you can't rebuild Laz in order to not lose TMWS Web Core.. I didn't check in Online Packager, should I?

TMS web core isn't available for free, so your alternatives are the widget set @Pascaldragon has been re-working, my framework nyx (mentioned earlier as well in this post), Or using pas2js directly via web unit (using window/document to create elements and attach handlers for things).
There may be other frameworks in the works, but I'm not aware of any that are open source and being actively developed.

Otherwise buying from TMS website is the way to get it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:38:32 pm by mr-highball »

krolikbest

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 10:46:40 pm »
How to register Web Core in Lazarus? I tried through Inspector Project but not successful - after registering on TMS site got trial license and did copy paste into package TMSWebCore v0.0->Options->and finally PackageOptions->Description there is some field "License" so I thought that there should be pasted but still I get "Invalid license"

Blade

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 12:17:56 am »
Your project is very promissing and I don't get it why it is not No.1 priority for core Lazarus developers to join you in this effort and to integrate it in the Lazarus as soon as possible.
I am afraid that this window of opportunity for Lazarus might be lost.

I agree with your thinking.  After just finding out about pas2js, I don't understand why it's not getting more attention.  Its potential is massive.

heejit

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 01:46:42 am »
01. No pas2js GUI Library/Framework exists yet which will give you a immediate entry.
02. Few Blogs/Examples/Tutorials available on the Web.
03. Wikis have old content new content not updated frequently.

All these need Man power which FreePascal/Lazarus team don't have
otherwise today I thinks these is the Best Platform for development
for all kind of applications.

fikret

• http://www.fikrethasovic.com
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2020, 02:55:11 pm »
Here, https://www.blaisepascalmagazine.eu/9372-2/ you can find Lazarus 206 Special Version including TMS Webcore for Free.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 03:57:19 pm »
It requires a trial license as written on the website further down.

Also - as I had written in another thread when this "distribution" first came up - I think this is a violation of the GPL, because it distributes a prebuilt Lazarus (which is GPL) with binary only components.

lucamar

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 04:52:29 pm »
Also - as I had written in another thread when this "distribution" first came up - I think this is a violation of the GPL, because it distributes a prebuilt Lazarus (which is GPL) with binary only components.

That should be easy to check: ask them for the source and if they stall or fail to comply then it's a license violation. Distributing a binary-only build should be OK per se ... provided they also facilitate some way of adquiring (L)GPLed sources.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2020, 03:31:12 pm »

That should be easy to check: ask them for the source and if they stall or fail to comply then it's a license violation. Distributing a binary-only build should be OK per se ... provided they also facilitate some way of adquiring (L)GPLed sources.

The problem is that TMS Web Core is not Open Source yet alone GPL and GPL is essentially "virulent".

TinyPortal © 2005-2018