Recent

Author Topic: How to filter data with fpspreadsheet?  (Read 4208 times)

Jonvy

How to filter data with fpspreadsheet?
« on: October 14, 2018, 07:49:21 am »
Hi,
Just as the title, I want to filter column data with fpsheadsheet, but I don't know how to do it.Can anyone help me?

Jonvy

Jonvy

Re: How to filter data with fpspreadsheet?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:09:39 pm »
Hello,
Maybe I didn't describe my question clearly.

As the attachment, I have 20 Part No. in Column B,with excel, it's easy to use filter to get I have
4 kinds of data with these 20 values, they're A1,B2,C0 and D3.

My queststion is with fpspreadsheet in Lazarus, when I open one excel file,how can I  know in one  column,how many kinds of data I have?

Jonvy

wp

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 10:50:12 am »
I understand your question, but this feature is not available within fpspreadsheet, and I am not planning to add it in the near future. The primary intention for fpspreadsheet was to provide a tool for reading and writing spreadsheet files from a Lazarus or fpc application. Only later, some visual controls were added for displaying or editing spreadsheet data in a derived Lazarus grid. Since people are more and more "abusing" it to mimic Excel I tend to think that this maybe was not a good idea because it always asks for more... But a one-man project will never be able to provide all features of Excel or LibreOffice Calc.

Mike.Cornflake

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 11:15:07 am »
Since people are more and more "abusing" it to mimic Excel I tend to think that this maybe was not a good idea because it always asks for more... But a one-man project will never be able to provide all features of Excel or LibreOffice Calc.

Just jumping in to say thanks.  I'm one of the "abusers", and I have to say - I greatly appreciate the functionality you've already added.   So, many thanks :-)
And I agree - a line has to be drawn somewhere.
Lazarus Trunk/FPC Trunk on Windows [7, 10]
  Have you tried searching this forum or the wiki?:   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Alternative_Main_Page
  BOOKS! (Free and otherwise): http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Pascal_and_Lazarus_Books_and_Magazines

TinyPortal © 2005-2018