Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Error: Project raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV' Need help :'(  (Read 4687 times)

crispia

First of all, I would like to greet from Poland all forum users. Yesterday I installed Lazarus IDE version lazarus-1.8.4-fpc-3.0.4-win32 and I have a big problem. I want to create a console application. From the project menu I choose the option new project, ---> program.
When I select the option to run F9, I get an error message: Error: Project raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV'. I tried to reset the debugger, I downloaded another debugger from the network: gdb_77, gdb_771. Everything in vain. The problem is that one does not change anything and another debugger generates an error: failed to create process for GDB (failed to execute: 216). 
Interestingly, the program starts once and once throws the error message above: Error: Project raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV'. I have Norton Security installed. I turned off the firewall and antivirus. The problem appears continue. in a desperate act, I reinstalled Lazarus three times. Everything again in vain. The system is win 7 32 bit.
Greetings  :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:22:00 pm by crispia »

Cyrax

Does compiling & running normal windows application work?

crispia

When I choose the normal application for windows, I press f9 and everything starts normally, as I wrote earlier, the problem appears with the console application.

wcoombes

Same thing is happening to me. Get this error on any console application project. No error on GUI project. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Lazarus. Using the default debugger provided during the install.

[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Project Hello raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV'.

[OK]

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
Same thing is happening to me. Get this error on any console application project. No error on GUI project. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Lazarus. Using the default debugger provided during the install.

What version of Lazarus, FPC, OS?

And can you provide a code sample so we can try to replicate?
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

wp

In case of an empty console program I see the exception, too, with Laz 1.8.4. It is gone with Laz 2.0RC2 and trunk. With 1.8.4 the exception does not occur any more when I add some code to the empty program, such as:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. program Project1;
  2. begin
  3.   WriteLn('Test');
  4. end.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018