Recent

Author Topic: FPC 3.2.x series branched, trunk update to 3.3.1  (Read 111683 times)

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
Re: FPC 3.2.x series branched, trunk update to 3.3.1
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:42 am »
You must be very, very young ... email is inaccesible? :o :)
I am not exactly young (50), and I think that mailing lists are incredibly awkward to walk through in order to get information about a subject.
Yes, I get it: developers find it convenient for having conversations, and it is slightly better than IRC, because you can walk back and forth, but for people who wants to find information, mailing lists are horrific.
more signal - less noise

JernejL

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:52 am »
I think jacmoe summed it up perfectly. I just think there's better ways to handle a conversation than a mailing list email spamming - a forum thread with posts serves same purpose much better, imo.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2019, 03:39:28 pm »
I have installed Lazarus fixes_2.0 and FPC fixes_3.2 through FPCUPDeluxe.
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34645.msg308113.html#msg308113

Now, I can't install OPM:

---------------------------------------------------
fpcupdeluxe: Getting opm sources ... please wait, could take some time.
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
C:\fpcupdeluxe\lazarus\components\virtualtreeview\VirtualTrees.pas(772,19) Error: (5042) No matching implementation for interface method "SetData(const tagFORMATETC;var TagSTGMEDIUM;LongBool):LongInt; StdCall;" found
C:\fpcupdeluxe\lazarus\components\virtualtreeview\VirtualTrees.pas(4022,1) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
C:\fpcupdeluxe\lazarus\components\virtualtreeview\VirtualTrees.pas(772,19) Error: (5042) No matching implementation for interface method "SetData(const tagFORMATETC;var TagSTGMEDIUM;LongBool):LongInt; StdCall;" found
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
C:\fpcupdeluxe\lazarus\components\virtualtreeview\VirtualTrees.pas(4022,1) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Error: C:\fpcupdeluxe\fpc\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe returned an error exitcode
Error: (lazarus) Compile package virtualtreeview_package 5.5.3.1: stopped with exit code 1
Error: (lazarus) Compile package jcfidelazarus 2.0: terminated
Error: (lazarus) [TLazPackageGraph.CompileRequiredPackages] "Exit code 1"
Error: (lazarus) Building IDE: Compile AutoInstall Packages failed.
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: UniversalInstaller (ConfigModule: opm): Failure trying to rebuild Lazarus.
fpcupdeluxe: Done !!
---------------------------------------------------

af0815

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2019, 03:52:22 pm »
This is a (actual) known feature comming from a change in a interface of fpc. See https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34804 and http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=43828.0
regards
Andreas

valdir.marcos

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2019, 04:07:53 pm »
This is a (actual) known feature comming from a change in a interface of fpc. See https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34804 and http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=43828.0
Thanks.

Now, even after I remove OPM, my Lazarus is broken and I can't build it any more.
Is there a simple solution?
Or should I remove fpcupdeluxe folder and start all over from zero?

DonAlfredo

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2019, 04:15:12 pm »
I guess no need to remove all.

Just delete the "config_lazarus"-folder and use fpcupdeluxe to rebuild/update Lazarus.
No new downloads needed.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2019, 05:33:41 pm »
I guess no need to remove all.

Just delete the "config_lazarus"-folder and use fpcupdeluxe to rebuild/update Lazarus.
No new downloads needed.
It worked perfectly.
Thanks.

Some modules, such as opm and tvplaneit, break Lazarus build process. Even uninstalling them keeps Lazarus broken.
1. Where should I report these problems?
2. Should I individualize each report by broken module?
3. Is it possible FPCUPDeluxe to have some kind of state control to recover Lazarus after installing a broken module since this doesn't seem to be a simple uninstall procedure?

DonAlfredo

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2019, 06:51:55 pm »
In theory, uninstall module should do the job.
If not, the config removal is the only thing that fpcupdeluxe can do in these cases.

Before reporting problems, always search the bugtracker of FPC and Lazarus.

wp

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2019, 07:04:46 pm »
Some modules, such as [...] tvplaneit, break Lazarus build process. Even uninstalling them keeps Lazarus broken.
Normally report in bugtracker. Yes, write an individual report for each component because there are different maintainers.

As for tvplanit (which is maintained by myself - so, no need to report anything here), I just build laz trunk / fpc trunk with having tvplanit installed, and I did not experience any problems. But when using the OPM version I saw a compilation error. I'll make an updated version available for OPM as soon as possible.

As for OPM: The issue is not in OPM but in VirtualTreeView which is affected by a change in the parameter list of an ActiveX-related procedure introduced by fpc trunk and backported already to fpc-fixes. The related correction in VTV has been applied to Laz- trunk but had not yet been merged back to  Laz-fixes. But now I merged the patch to Laz-fixes manually, and the combination Laz-2.0fixes + fpc 3.2-fixes can be installed with fpcupdeluxe again.

af0815

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2019, 09:27:36 pm »
Thx to wp for this hotfix.
regards
Andreas

valdir.marcos

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:07 pm »
In theory, uninstall module should do the job.
If not, the config removal is the only thing that fpcupdeluxe can do in these cases.
You are right, some modules were uninstalled in my first try.
But others modules needed two or three tentatives before the uninstall to be reported as "success".
The OPM was the only module that I had to delete the "config_lazarus"-folder and rebuild lazarus.
I skipped the modules virtualtreeview and virtualtreeviewonline.

Before reporting problems, always search the bugtracker of FPC and Lazarus.
Ok.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
Some modules, such as [...] tvplaneit, break Lazarus build process. Even uninstalling them keeps Lazarus broken.
Normally report in bugtracker. Yes, write an individual report for each component because there are different maintainers.
Ok.

As for tvplanit (which is maintained by myself - so, no need to report anything here), I just build laz trunk / fpc trunk with having tvplanit installed, and I did not experience any problems. But when using the OPM version I saw a compilation error. I'll make an updated version available for OPM as soon as possible.
Thanks.

As for OPM: The issue is not in OPM but in VirtualTreeView which is affected by a change in the parameter list of an ActiveX-related procedure introduced by fpc trunk and backported already to fpc-fixes. The related correction in VTV has been applied to Laz- trunk but had not yet been merged back to Laz-fixes. But now I merged the patch to Laz-fixes manually, and the combination Laz-2.0fixes + fpc 3.2-fixes can be installed with fpcupdeluxe again.
Thanks.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2019, 10:29:03 pm »
I have just tried to install all available modules in "FPCUPdeluxe V1.6.2h for i386-win32-win32".

Before I open so many supporting tickets, I'd like to hear your opinion about modules that do not deserve a bug report because the fault is mine.

Maybe some packages didn't install because I didn't know the correct order of dependencies.

I have attached a log file with information for all broken modules.

Here is the complete list of modules that I could not install:
* bgragames (the modules bgrabitmap, bgracontrols and bgracontrolsfx were previously properly installed)
callite
castle_game_engine
cef3
codebot
colorpalette
dcpcrypt
ECControls
editormacroscript
epiktimer
evssimplegraph
fblib
fpcusblib
fpgui
fpowm
fpvectorialpkg
glscene
graphics32
graphics32-rbc
industrial
indy
indy9
internettools
james
lamw
lazbarcodes
lazgoogleapis
lazmer
lazopenglcontext
lazpackager
lazpaint
lazprofiler
* ljgridutils (freezes)
lnet
macosext
mbColorLib
metal
mtprocs
* opm (solved)
pascal-futures
pascalio
pascalscada
pascalscript
pasettimino
python4laz
rest-dw
* rutils (freezes)
rx
simplegraph
spktoolbar
suggestedpackages
suggestedpackagesadd
synapse
tiopf
tlazserial
treelistview
turbobird
* tvplaneit (solved)
uecontrols
usercontrol
vampyre
* virtualtreeview       (skipped)
* virtualtreeviewonline (skipped)
wst
zeos
zmsql

wp

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2019, 11:04:19 pm »
I think I confused these fpcupdeluxe modules with OPM, sorry.

Where do these modules come from? How are they updated? Why does fpcupdeluxe distribute its own packages when there is now OPM which is even integrated in the IDE?

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2019, 11:26:15 pm »
I think I confused these fpcupdeluxe modules with OPM, sorry.

Where do these modules come from? How are they updated? Why does fpcupdeluxe distribute its own packages when there is now OPM which is even integrated in the IDE?

I think this is older than OPM. AFAIK it downloads the repository from the official source then installs it.

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. * bgragames (the modules bgrabitmap, bgracontrols and bgracontrolsfx were previously properly installed)

About BGRAGames not compiling, is an outdated package, I should check if I can fix it, but for making a game better use Castle Game Engine that is cross platform and works for mobile devices.

Edit: I see LazPaint in the list, is not a package that can be installed, is a regular lazarus project. In the past that repo included bgrabitmap, but now they are in 2 separate repos.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:28:23 pm by lainz »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018