Recent

Author Topic: Suggestions..  (Read 25048 times)

bah

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggestions..
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 02:48:10 am »
Had a look at the latest SVN and see the change in icons - good work.  It really does add that little extra professionalism (yes Open Source can look proffessional).
Thanks

antonio

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggestions..
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »
Quote from: "bah"
(yes Open Source can look proffessional).

Linux is professionally used by thousands of companies all over the world.
IBM announces: "IBM supports Linux". Mandriva will have its own office on Lagos, Western Africa.

henrytj

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggestions..
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 03:42:33 am »
I have to agree with Tuyen on many points. I think FP and Lazarus are a great start. I think there is a need for open source and free programming systems that are not based on C (Ugh!) A lot more people don't like C that the C community would ever let itself become aware of. Pascal is my favorite language, I especally like the cheetah as that is one of my favorite large cats.

But like Tuyen, I agree that there is some of the same dysfunctional attitude here that tends to drive some people away from projects like this.  You need developers and users alike. First time users can be especially instrumental in identifying flawed features.

I am giving Lazarus the benefit of the doubt, but I too am on the verge to switching to Turbo Delphi. I havn't installed it yet because I have the worry that once I start using it then I will stop using FP and Lazarus. I understand there are delays and gaps in open source projects. But its more the attitude that is pushing me away.

antonio

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suggestions..
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 12:48:19 pm »
Quote from: "henrytj"
I think there is a need for open source and free programming systems that are not based on C.

I agree.

Lazarus doesn't need users because it already has all users it needs for its internal working.

Quote from: "henrytj"
But its more the attitude that is pushing me away.

What do you say about my attitude? It is not positive?

But your attitude is not positive. Have a constructive attitude and you will not see so many problems on the forum questions and aswers.

And you, what do you need from Lazarus Project? If you want to use Turbo Delphi -- if you are used to use it --, go ahead, we will not say "don't use it". I use Delphi sometimes myself.

Have a positive attitude and don't  worry so much about insignificant things.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018