Recent

Author Topic: Using dbexport  (Read 8294 times)

phr0x

Using dbexport
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:17:14 pm »
Hello,

I would like to use dbexport within my program. When I try to add it via Package -> New Component, it does not show up.

I have Pascal on two Systems and its not showing up with both versions.
Not with version 1.6.2 and not with version 1.8.4.

Best Regards

wp

Re: Using dbexport
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:22:17 pm »
You must install the package: "Package" > "Install/uninstall packages". In the right half of the window, "Available for installation", type "export" in the edit to narrow down the list. Find "lazdbexport 1.0" in the list. Select it. Click "Install selection" to move it to the left list. Then click "Save and rebuild IDE". After some time Lazarus will restart and you'll find the components on palette "Data Export".

phr0x

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:24 am »
Thank you, that gives me the error Message

lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find lazdbexport used by Lazarus[/quote
Any Idea? According to my search that is a pretty annoying error in laz that is not easy to fix?!

Best Regards

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 03:30:59 pm »
Hi,

I am right now finding this very same problem in Lazarus 1.8.2 for Linux. Has someone found a solution?

Best regards,
UCSD Pascal / Burroughs 6700 / Master Control Program
Delphi 7.0 Personal Edition
Lazarus 2.0.12 - FPC 3.2.0 on GNU/Linux Mint 19.1, Lubuntu 18.04, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 Home

af0815

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 03:43:39 pm »
It should be at lazarus\components\dbexport\lazdbexport.lpk

If not you have a broken installation of lazarus. BTW: Lazarus 1.6.x and 1.8.x are old versions.
regards
Andreas

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 03:49:38 pm »
@af0815,

I have not other problems with that old installation (which by the way it is the one provided by the official repositories, and under Linux I try hard to avoid installing anything which come not out of them).

I opened the lazarus\components\dbexport\lazdbexport.lpk, compiled it without errors and attempted to install it, but it still refuses to appear in the component pallette.

Regards,

Lazarus 2.0.12 - FPC 3.2.0 on GNU/Linux Mint 19.1, Lubuntu 18.04, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 Home

wp

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 03:54:35 pm »
I opened the lazarus\components\dbexport\lazdbexport.lpk, compiled it without errors and attempted to install it, but it still refuses to appear in the component pallette.
I just checked Laz 1.6.4. It has "lazdbexport 0.1.1" in the right list of packages "available for installation" in "Packages" > "Install/uninstall packages". Selected it, clicked "Install selection", then "Save and rebuild IDE". When, after some time, the new IDE restarts I see the components on palette "Data Export"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 03:58:33 pm by wp »

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 04:04:25 pm »
@wp,

Now I got it!!!  I (re)opened the lazarus\components\dbexport\lazdbexport.lpk, compiled it without errors and now have been able to install it without further complaints. The components in the package now appear correctly in the component pallette.

Strangely, before opening and compiling directly the lazdebexport.lpk file (as per above), when I used the package manager it appeared as "installed" but did not appear in the component pallette; attempting to install it from there did fail.

Thank you very much.

With best wishes,

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 04:07:52 pm »
@wp,

But I am now having issues when attempting to install the package laz_fpspreadsheetexport_visual.lpk! It complains that the lazdbexport package cannot be found (but it now appears in the component pallette).

Any hints?

Best regards,

Zvoni

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 04:12:06 pm »
Have you recompiled the IDE?
One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 04:14:02 pm »
@wp,

I have the same problem when attempting to install the new FPSpreadsheetDataset package, even of lzdbexport does not appear in its list of dependencies.

It seems I will have to add manually the path to lazdbexport to each of these packages. Am I right?

With best regards,

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 04:15:33 pm »
@wp,

Yes, I have recompiled the IDE (and as I wrote above, the DbExport components are now visible in the component pallette).

Best regards,

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 04:21:36 pm »
@wp,

Ooops!!!!  %) I just restarted the IDE and now FPSpreadSheet appears correctly installed, in the Data Acess component pallette, and FPExport also appears in the Data Export pallette.

Everything seems OK now.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

With best wishes,

wp

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 04:23:26 pm »
It seems I will have to add manually the path to lazdbexport to each of these packages. Am I right?
ABSOLUTELY NO! (Sorry for shouting...)

Never add paths to packages unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

If the IDE does not recompile as you describe there are probably some out-dated compiled units somewhere. Go to "Tools" > "Configure Build Lazarus"; in the "Cleanup box" check "Clean all" and "Switch after building to automatically" and click "Build". This erases existing compiled units and compiles everything newly. This is a general recipe for solving issues when a package cannot be installed due to unresolved dependencies.

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 04:38:58 pm »
@wp,

Fortunately, I have not changed manually any paths in any packages!  :-[

As I reported above, by restarting the IDE after compiling and installing each package, I got everything working smoothly.

Thanks again.

With best wishes

TinyPortal © 2005-2018